Martin tablesaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Figured I would let you all see this monster I saw at counterpoint's today. It is one massive piece of solid cast iron. I would love to have it, but it is already sold. Glad of it as I probably couldn't afford it.

martin.JPG

martin2.jpg

martin slider.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, I wonder how much that weighs???? I bet they don't make a mobile base for it:lol:

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
dude, that thing is insane!

I also see some nice power feeders lying around the shop in some of your pics... hey, Woodguy!!!! You need two more of those for your shaper!!! :lol:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I'll bet that puppy will git er done in no time. That is a nice hunk of Arn. :icon_thum

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DaveO said:
Wow, I wonder how much that weighs???? I bet they don't make a mobile base for it:lol:

Sure......they make a mobile base for that monster Dave. Its called a mobile home.:lol:

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:rolf: :rolf: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rolf: Oh, man you tickle me. Thanks for the chuckle!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Ken Massingale said:
O.K., where's the dang blade??

Ken, you can just barely make it out, almost flush with the TS fence. It looks like that sliding table moves along right next to the blade.

D L

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It really is a bit over the top. I would love to have a slider, but this one is just too much. Even the access doors and base are cast iron. I think it weights close to a ton. This is definitively a production machine and it has been used as such. The slider is as smooth as glass showing that just because it is old doesn't mean that it isn't a good machine.

Ken, the blade is right next to the edge of the slider.

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
That is an awesome looking machine. Looks like it'd flatten my tires if I put it in my truck bed. Oh, wait a minute...that thing wouldn't fit in my truck.

I don't think I have a large enough roll up door to fit that baby into my shop! Even if it did, I'm guessing it might just crack my shop floor!!

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS