Martial Art Weapon (The Human Being Bat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenguWoodwork

Kelly
Senior User
Here's a few photos of the Nyoibo aka "human being bat": 6ft, 4x4in, octagonal with a 1/2in taper. Thanks again for everyone that contributed to my earlier post.
The first photo is me with Nyoibo (I'm 6ft, so it's a nice scale). Second is the "sled" we used to pass through the band saw. Third and Forth to show off the staining (although it killed me to stain the Maple, it's what the customer wanted). Last shot displaying some woodburning.
IMG_0633.jpgIMG_0631.jpgIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0663.jpgIMG_0658.jpg

TenguWoodwork

Kelly
Senior User
eyekode: So it's actual use has a clouded history. In some cases it's essentially strength training. This piece only weighs in at 16lbs, but other versions online tip the scales at 35lbs. I've also seen images of it being used as a war club, usually with the unarmored wielder striking an armored opponent.
Berta: Thanks!

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I grew up in Martial Arts. Southern Chinese/ Vietnamese Martial Arts to be exact. I have never seen one of these. I imagine that these, like most weapons in Martial Arts are just for coordination and strength. Pretty neat though!

MagGeorge

New User
George
Cool and deadly, with its size and weight. Like to use it for strength training. The staining and the wood burning make it look authentic. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS