MARPLES Carving Set on CLT Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I've been seeing this set on the charlotte craigslist for the last month or so. A few weeks ago I emailed the guy and he sent me this picture. Someone please buy these before I buy them just because it's a great deal

MARPLES WOOD CARVING TOOLS - $30 (waxhaw)

Reply to: sale-uek9t-1126449483@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-17, 8:09AM EDT

NEW,6 tools total in boxed set, wood carving tools by marples, spoob bit, gouges, v tool, skew 30.00obo
704-458-3805

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Are the Marples carving tools still made in Sheffield or in China like the bench chisels?

from the research i did on these, they were made in scheffield england.

i saw where previous listings on sawmill creek were $ 60 or so.

i think this is a set sold in the grizzly cataloge 5 - 6 years ago for roughly $ 50.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I know nothing about their gouges, but based on the numbers you dug up you should get them. If they don't work out, sell them for a profit!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I know nothing about their gouges, but based on the numbers you dug up you should get them. If they don't work out, sell them for a profit!

stop it stop it.:kamahlitu

i don't need them. :wsad: i want them.:tinysmile_cry_t:

but i really better not.:help:

nelsone

New User
Ed
:gar-La;

If you are really interested in carving, I think you will be better off with one of the better known brands. Flexcut is offered at a pretty reasonable price. I prefer the stiffness of the Pfeil, but they aren't cheap (less expensive than some of the other brands though).

If we can arrange another carving get together, you're welcome to make a couple cuts with mine if you like.

stop it stop it.:kamahlitu

i don't need them. :wsad: i want them.:tinysmile_cry_t:

but i really better not.:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS