Maple or Beechwood for Rolling pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I need to find three pieces of 12/4 maple or Beechwood at least 16" long for three rolling pins I have been commisioned to make. Anyone got any or have any suggestions? Klingspor in Raleigh tried but has nothing. I am goingto call East Wake Hardwoods later.

Doug

Shayne

New User
Shayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, I would check with NCWood, he should have what you need. He is located in Archers Lodge just outside of Clayton (about 15 minutes from my house :wwink:). Check with MikeL as he works there part-time and may be able to give the inside info.

Another thought would be a lamination, that could add a nice design element to the rolling pins :icon_thum

Dave:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
A while ago through the Pony Express I bought a nice piece of maple from Saunders Woodworking. Thanks to Tracy and Jerrye it arrived in the triangle and I used it to make three (4 really) rolling pings. A coworker's grandfather had made a rolling ping YEARS ago and she wanted me to duplicate it for her cousins and daughters. I had never made one. I had to use my mini-lathe extension bed for the first time.

I took lots of pics as I made them, but none of the finished product. Fortunately she brought them in and Steve took the attached shot for me. I will post my how-to in the new how-to forum when it is up and running (with picks).

IMG_22622.JPG

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS