Maple and Walnut Poker Chip Case

DustinS

New User
Dustin
This was built as a wedding gift for a good friend.

The lower section and racks are hard maple. The lower section is 3/4" and the handle is attached using a wedged through tenon. The racks are 1" thick, with 1-5/8" forstner drilled for the chips slots. Each rack is sized to hold 20 chips per barrel or 100 per rack. The case holds 5 racks plus some extra room for cards, accessories.

The upper section is 5/8" walnut that I grain matched across the mitered corners. The top is also 5/8" but I tried to give the mitered edges some extra support and hide the top joint by rabbeting the top into the sides.

It was all finished simply with GF Arm R Seal Satin.

image_50395905.JPG
image_50352129.JPG
unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• image_50395905.JPG
    image_50395905.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
  • image_50352129.JPG
    image_50352129.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 146

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
The upper section is 5/8" walnut that I grain matched across the mitered corners.

Nice work. I looked at the pictures first then read the text. Matching grain is an important but subtle detail of quality. Maybe sort of like good manners - not noticed but more felt. Bad grain matching gets noticed.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That turned out really nice. I like the grain match.

DustinS

New User
Dustin
Thanks. It was probably one of the more technical projects I have completed and was very proud of the outcome.

And yeah, we are just getting into poker. Mostly as a way to reconnect with friends we haven't seen in the last year. I'm alright losing a few dollars to hang out with friends again.

Trey1984

Trey
User
Very nice... Like how the handle remains with the rays so you can catty the chipswithout the case on it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS