Maple and Walnut chest of drawers

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Finished in time for Santa. This chest of drawers matches a headboard I made last year. The sides and top are all made with two edge glued long boards of soft maple. The sides and top are joined with protruding finger joints. The curved maple drawer fronts are screwed to plywood boxes.

All the walnut is applied with glue and screws from the inside. The finish on the walnut is waterlox. The Maple is GF high perfomance poly.

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG
IMG_0567.JPGIMG_0556.JPG
20191225_134035.jpg
IMG_0558.JPG
20191225_134050.jpg
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG

llucas

luke
Senior User
oh yes! Love the design, the construction. I especially like the use of the router sled to curve the drawer fronts! Great project.
Thanks for sharing

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Good stuff Tim... beautifully done and a good looking finish

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I love the hand mitered protruding dove tails on the top - that show the amount of love you put into this project!

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
The detail of the top was outstanding. Finishing off the protruding pins was very impressive. Nice work.

Roy G

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks for your kind comments. Yes John, my designs tend to evolve as I build . This one started with the head board. The pins were hand trimmed for the walnut leg tops. But then I put runners under a trim router to do the other 32.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS