Mandrel less bushings ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
Anyone ever heard oof or used mandrel less bushings??? I was looking at another web site and saw where some guy was selling mandrel less bushings. Sounds kind of weird. I was just wondering if anyone has tryed them.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Anyone ever heard oof or used mandrel less bushings??? I was looking at another web site and saw where some guy was selling mandrel less bushings. Sounds kind of weird. I was just wondering if anyone has tryed them.

Hey buddy could you expound a little on what you are making reference to, I don't believe I have ever heard of it. I would like to know, for mere knowledge sakes.

Thanks Chris Harrell

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You can use any standard (pen kit supplied) bushing for a kit with a tube dia. greater than 7mm without a mandrel. You need a 60º dead center and live center. You only can turn one barrel at a time. Also you can turn your own bushings out of Delrin stock to allow you to use them with a 7mm tubed kit. The key to this is the "tenon" that fits inside of the tube and keeps it centered on the bushing.
The nice thing about turning your own Delrin bushing is that a CA finish won't stick to them, and that makes the process a whole lot easier.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS