Maloof Rocker Weekend 2 (of 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
We're making progress ...

Some pictures from the second weekend of the Maloof-style rocker class with John (WoodGuy1975) aka Our Fearless Wood Master and the original Woodguy Disease case in the state of NC.

Mike (shuneverno1) hard at work on the Meber ...
IMG_8916.JPG

And my chair coming together ...
IMG_8934.JPG

We even had a suprise visit by the one and only, Monty himself ... finishing his chair (how long has it been???):eek:
IMG_8858.JPG

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Ha ha I can't say much. Monty and I both were in the "original" class. I don't think any of us from the original class have finished our rockers yet. One of these days we will though.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Looking Good there Jeremy :icon_thum

That's a lot of progress for just 2 classes.

pete

woodguy1975

New User
John
These guys did a lot of work in 4 days of class so far. We will be "rockin" on Saturday of our next class weekend with ease. Jeremy, Mike, and Jeff have all done excellent work on their chairs. Not only from a woodworking perspective, but from a design aspect as well. They are working so fast it is hard for me to work my own chair to keep up let alone get ahead to show them where they are going. LOL!!!

I'm looking foward to weekend 3 myself. It is so exciting to rock for the first time in your chair. I've helped create and created a number of rockers and each time is just as awesome as the first. It's addictive.

Monty made some great progress this weekend too. After an undisclosed time since his class he is turning up the power and is motivated to finish his chair. He left pretty well ready to start gluing in some components.

John

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
NICE work guys! :eek: That looks like a heck of a fun class! :thumbs_up

It is awesome! John is a great teacher and his shop is sweet. One of the best things for me is that going to a class for a full weekend guarantees me shop time! I don't get as much anymore (with two kids), and this is a real treat! If you ever get the chance ... I HIGHLY recommend it!

Shamrock

New User
Michael
How many spindles are in that chair again?:gar-La;:gar-La;. Notice also that there are no pictures of the Woodwrangler, that's a shame because he's sporting one sweet patch of facial hair!! I'm loving the class to and I must say it's been even more fun because of the people! definitely a HIGHLY recommended way to spend some of that money - much better return on your investment than the stock market!

See ya'll for weekend 3

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why does John have so many clamps-now I know

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
It is awesome! John is a great teacher and his shop is sweet. One of the best things for me is that going to a class for a full weekend guarantees me shop time! I don't get as much anymore (with two kids), and this is a real treat! If you ever get the chance ... I HIGHLY recommend it!

I've always wanted to learn how to make a rocker, well other than the obvious way (have a kid who grows up to be a rockstar). :eusa_thin :rotflm:

I clicked on the link in John's signature and it came up blank. Might be my internet connection at work. I'll try it when I get home. :icon_thum

woodguy1975

New User
John
If I had just one more.... :)

Getting to run the class is a great treat for me as well. I get to hang out with some great guys and woodworkers and do something I love. I learn something ever time I run the class.

Weekend 3 is going to rock!!!!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I clicked on the link in John's signature and it came up blank. Might be my internet connection at work. I'll try it when I get home. :icon_thum

For now, John has taken his site down, and classes are less than regularly scheduled ... but he makes posts to rally up interest here and there. He was off for a year or so ... but I'll let him speak more to that.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I've always wanted to learn how to make a rocker, well other than the obvious way (have a kid who grows up to be a rockstar). :eusa_thin :rotflm:

Jeremy is right. I took the school site down when I had to shut down for a year. Lived in China ..divorce... took me away from my shop woodworking, but I am back in a reduced capacity form. I will most likely be running other classes after the first of the year unless there is a huge interest in running a class before the end of this year. With the holidays coming up it is always difficult to get classes fully scheduled.

Here is a list of the classes I have run...

Maloof Style Rocking Chairs (6 day)
Maloof Style Occasional Chair (3 day)
Cabinetmaking 101 - Upper Cabinet Project (2 day)
Woodworking Fundamentals - Side Table project (2 day)
Make your own Handplane (1 day)
All about the Bandsaw (1 day)
Dovetailing - From the machine to the handsaw - Dovetailed Box Project (1 day)
Finishing - (1 day)

Anyone who wants to take one of these classes please IM me or post. Once I think I have enough interest we'll work together on the dates.

Thanks,

John

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
So who smacked John in the chest - nice hand print there - looks like he enjoyed it too

That is pretty funny ... but I'm not sure anyone other than John himself smacked his chest ... probably after a big sigh catching his breath right after I broke his bandsaw blade!:rotflm:

J

jeff...

That is pretty funny ... but I'm not sure anyone other than John himself smacked his chest ... probably after a big sigh catching his breath right after I broke his bandsaw blade!:rotflm:

Hey that's a classic WW photo right there :gar-Bi

woodguy1975

New User
John

:rotflm: I almost forgot about that. I've only got two more week until Jeremy is back.... I better stock up on blades. :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS