Makita 2708 Table Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpone

New User
Harpone
Does anyone know anything about this saw? I have been offered a Makita 2708 for $150 but will have to drive 100+ miles to just get a look at it.

DonDeJ

New User
Don
I'm quite sure the 2708 is an 8" saw. Maybe 8 1/4". I used to have one. It's basically an inverted circular saw. It's fairly light, handy for a job saw. Smallish table, nothing fancy about the fence, plastic base that will break if dropped (mine did). I'd say $150 is way too much, especially if you have to drive 100 miles to see it. I saw one on CL a while back for $50, but I don't know what the condition was. If you're looking for a shop saw, you can buy 10" Craftsman table saws all the time for less than that and you'll have a more durable saw. You'll have about the same fence issues to deal with.

The Makita is a handy little saw, don't get me wrong, it just seems like too much money. Good luck.

Don DJ

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
The Makita is a handy little saw, don't get me wrong, it just seems like too much money. Good luck.

Don DJ

Agreed. Dad had one and it was a workhorse but I think they're asking too much especially considering the drive.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have that saw and still use it as a portable. Mine is the old green one that I bought in the 70's and is still going strong, but not worth $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors