Making your Picnic plans May 20, 2023

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I will be there. Bought my raffle tickets, so I have to be in person to have the feeling of missing by one digit so many times :)

zargon

Zargon
Corporate Member
Some of you don't know that we have a picnic every year.
It is a TON of fun the food seeing everyone and, of course, eating!
You might even meet a celebrity!

Again this year it will be at Jordan Lake in NC - Jordan Lake State Recreation Area: Home | NC State Parks

We reserve a shelter and ask people bring a dish to pass (we will post a suggestions list) and with your RSVP we will provide your meat dish (In the past [see below] this has been some REALLY good BBQ and likely will be again) and you will be signed up for a door prize

In addition, we will soon start our raffle, so watch for that.
The proceeds from the raffle along with our advertisers help keep this site low-cost to free for our members.
There will be some REALLY GREAT prizes and someone WILL win, you simply have the purchase a $5 ticket.

View attachment 216765
View attachment 216766
View attachment 216768
Wondering what camping area the shelter is close to?
im thinking of bringing my dog & her RV FOR THE EVENT. from Hendersonville nc.
would be good not to have to walk too far. 🤪👍😎

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wondering what camping area the shelter is close to?
im thinking of bringing my dog & her RV FOR THE EVENT. from Hendersonville nc.
would be good not to have to walk too far. 🤪👍😎
There is a camp ground area close by. If you look at North Carolina State Parks. You will find Jordan Lake on the list of parks with camping

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Zargon, the picnic shelter will be Seaforth. You can use that for your camping search.
From last year, here is Charlie's how-to-get-there:
"Seaforth Recreation Area, Seaforth Beach Rd, Jordan Lake, Pittsboro.
The area is on a peninsula between two bridges.
Whether you are traveling east or west on Hwy 64, when you cross the first bridge look for Seaforth sign and turn South. You will go through a toll booth and they can tell you where NCWW picnic is at. Or continue driving and you will see the shelter."

zargon

Zargon
Corporate Member
OK, think I got it covered. Reserved a site #47 I think @ Parker’s Creek, which appears to be just north of “Seaforth”? 🤞🏻🤪😎. Hopefully I got the right peninsula. 😏

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS