Making the Assembly Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
For far too long, I've desired an assembly table but the workbench had to make due. Then about 6 months ago my neighbor remodeled his kitchen and removed a Boos butcher block top and gave it to me. Finally I decided it would become my new assembly table. The top was not flat though, so I got to put the #7 hand plane to work (well, it put me to work sweating head to toe). It's flat now though, and I'm looking forward to using it. It's about 30" tall, so a bit lower than my other benches ... which will be nice for putting things together.

Photo_Jan_03_2_36_28_PM.png

Photo_Jan_02_8_45_25_PM.png

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Wow! You just gave me a great idea...I've needed an assembly table and an out-feed table, and since I don't have a lot of floor space, I'm thinking of doing what you did on a bit of a smaller scale, with a drop leaf style end of some sort. I really like your version a lot!!

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
That is super nice. I love how wood just pops with a plane. How long did it take for you to flatten with the No. 7? Also, great friend you have there.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Assemb table.JPGAssemble Table-2.JPGAssembly Table-1.JPGHere's my assembly table. Since space is tight I went w/a folding version w/locking casters from Shop Notes (don't remember what issue). When needed I either put a sheet of ply on top or a couple of 2xs. Works great for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors