Making a Fence for Delta 14 Bandsaw

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I have a 14 Delta bandsaw with the riser block. I just wanting some ideas on making a simple fence. I dont use it a lot but want something a little better than clamping a board to the table. TIA

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I upgraded the fence on my Delta contractor's table saw to an Incra fence. I kept the old fence/rails and cut these down to use on my band saw (same model as yours -- 14" Delta w/riser). It works perfect. Perhaps you could find someone who has upgraded their table saw fence and wants to get rid of the old one.

gmakra

New User
George
There are magnetic fences that work grest. They can be positioned any were on the table and you dont have to have any hardware attached to the saw.

I have the Carter and Magswitch both are good fences.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
There are some good high quality options available, and I'm sure they would all do a great job. But that quality usually comes w/ a pretty hefty price. If you just want to cut a straight line on a board and don't mind a low tech/low price solution, try a magnetic tool holder. I use something like this on my smaller band saw when I just want a quick cut. Plop it down close to where you want it, then use light taps to fine tune it.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Now I like the Delta contractor saw fence that is repurposed and the Kreg ones are great too but right now I can easily go the magnetic route until I decide whether or not to spend some $.....A bonus I have some magnets in shop that will work..... I actually have one just like Bill suggested plus a magswitch one also that is unused at the time....All that metal base on the bandsaw and I didnt think about a magnet lol! Thanks guys!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Check out the band saw fence tip over at Woodsmith. Go to Woodsmith.com, tips and techniques, band saw fence

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS