Makes You Really PROUD!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I've been watching a YouTube channel, "Just Trucking." It's about the daily life of an over the road trucker, named Justin. Earlier this week on a return trip from PA, on I-85, Justin came upon a lady and grand daughter with blown tire in a work zone. He manuvers his truck between barrels and barrier in center of the road. Then get gets out and shifts barrels, so traffic can pass car ( on shoulder) with flat tire. Upon opening trunk to get spare, he finds only a rim. On his you tube channel, he asks for help getting a tire on the rim. With a Walmart about a mile away, shouldn't be too much of a problem, except he is driving a semi with a 53' trailer. Tells watchers he will pay for tire if someone can help. Within a few moments, a viewer who lives close by reply's. Few minutes later he shows up on service road, and jumps fence to reach car. After a quick discussion, they move car in front of truck to give them room to work. Viewer removes blown tire and takes rim to Walmart. At Walmart, they move him to the front of the line, so as to get lady going again. Justin puts stranded motorist and grand daughter in th cab of his semi for safety and comfort. In the mean time, Justin's viewers pledge to him enough to actually pay for the tire. Makes you feel good to know that people are willing to help total strangers, in time of need. Reminds me of NCWW family!!!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
This is the news we should be reading every day ........ awesome
Unfortunately, the whole time he was out there (several hours), not one member of law enforcement showed up. But then given as how "rubber neckers" slow down for blue lights, this might be a good thing.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
This was very common years ago.

When I was about 14 my mom, brother (age 9) and myself were coming back from visiting family some 60 miles away. Our fan/alternator belt broke on the interstate and a couple in a Mustang stopped to help us.

I got to ride in the back seat with a Dachshund and a cat. The car reeked of a strange smell I would learn a few years later in college was marijuana. They drove me several miles to a gas station that just happened to have the right belt.

We got back to the car and I put on the fan belt and our hippie Mustang couple with the Massachusetts plates headed off for home. They were pretty stoned, but super nice and didn't have to do what they did. We easily cost them an hour or so on their journey.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
When I was in College, I had scholarship so school cost me nothing, but the school was in San Francisco and that place was expensive. In order to make it work I lived in my van.
A couple months into school, I mentioned to a guy who the vice president of a division of Farmers Insurance, that I was living in my van to afford school. He asked me wasn't it hard ? "not really, got showers at school, I am at school most time so no I'll survive". He said "no" you have to come live with my me and my family ..... "But, I do not have money for rent" Not a problem, you can stay a year, but I want you to promise to pay me back some day. I was ok with this, then he told my how I was to pay him back. You have to promise to help 2 people the way I helped you... that is the one thing you must promise to do. Total stranger, changed my life and faith in humanity........ and to this day, I always welcome the opportunity to help others, which is one reason I like this forum. Many of the members here help others and go great lengths to do so without a second thought.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I had a good friend at the office, and she, her husband, and 2 kids were off on vacation. the entire back of their car was stuffed. They had a flat, and a plain marked white car pulled up behind. The gentleman who got out wore a state trooper uniform. He assessed the problem took them to a tire store and back to the car. Helped them change the tire and was off. My friend called the trooper office and inquired who his boss was to write a letter expressing thanks for his help. The trooper on the phone asked for his badge number & id. He was told the number was 1, and his rank was Colonel. The trooper on the phone said "oh no mam you must be wrong". My friend said well that's what it said! The trooper then replied "mam in that case you should wright your thanks letter to the Governor of the State of North Carolina because that's the person the Colonel NC State Trooper reports to. That all of us troopers boss". This points out there's good police around too.

Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS