'Maine Northern White Cedar' (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Here's a link for a guy selling a pile of 'Northern White Cedar' on CL.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/1901860160.html

He wants $600 for the pile (everything removed) but I'm doubting he'll get that. If he has enough interest in small lots he might piece it out. I've contacted him and he's interested in seeing the wood go to woodworker use (carving, small furniture, etc.). What would be a good price per log? $5-10 each? What about per post/column? $50-100 each?

Dean

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I was looking at that the other day and would love to have some of it. But there's no way I can afford or store all of it and at my work rate it would last forever.

In comparison, I bought some pine log stair spindle leftovers from a guy in '08. They are in the 24" length range - 3-5" diameter and I paid $5 per piece for them. He had a whole pallet and 1/2 left over and wanted to sell together but got no offers so he let me pick through it and get as many as I wanted. I checked back with him last year some time and he still had pretty much all of it left.

HTH,
Brian.

Last edited:

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Could have used some, but cutting the stuff to 17" lengths sure limits its use. I seem to be working with really long lengths at the moment so even 8' sounds short.

-G

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
He'll probably find someone interested in buying the lot or he'll just give it away.

I'd love to buy some to work with, and I'd love to help him sell the lot off to craftspeople, but money and time I don't have to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS