Magswitch Universal Fence Base -Rockler $90

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
How'd you get free shipping? It's showing $11 for me during checkout.

Edit: I finally found a free shipping code.

Free shipping on $75+ orders. V1936

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
If I may ask the proverbial dumb question: what's the value of this particular jig ?

I understand the attraction (pardon the pun) of a magnetic featherboard - in fact, I plan to buy one of the Magswitch universal featherboards in the next day or so - but this kit seems to be designed only for keeping tall, narrow stock against a fence ? I have found a featherboard works just fine for this if the stock is jointed four-square.

Is there kick-back protection on the rollers - does it replace a featherboard ?

-Mark

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
If I may ask the proverbial dumb question: what's the value of this particular jig ?

I understand the attraction (pardon the pun) of a magnetic featherboard - in fact, I plan to buy one of the Magswitch universal featherboards in the next day or so - but this kit seems to be designed only for keeping tall, narrow stock against a fence ? I have found a featherboard works just fine for this if the stock is jointed four-square.

Is there kick-back protection on the rollers - does it replace a featherboard ?

-Mark

Great Question, Mark

For me, its the versatility.

Can be used on Table Saw (Straight Fence), Bandsaw (re-saw fence/ with slight offset, for drift, and Jointer, or any other metal surface, such as cast iron router table).

Table Saw: Use it on left side of Blade to cut thin strips, or any size strips, consistently. All you do is place it to width, cut, then move your regular fence over to cut next strip.

Bandsaw should be obvious,

Jointer: Place on Fence to keep jointed wood in place while moving the piece through cutters.

Rollers, help from dragging as well.

M

manfre

New User
Manfre
This fence is meant more for a bandsaw. The angled fence with the single row of bearings makes it easy to adjust for the blade drift while resawing.

Edit: Matt's answer is better and includes a lot of uses I didn't think of.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Update:

Ordered yest morning

Early Eve received shipping info from Rockler

Should receive By EOB Friday!

Will review by Sat! with pics! Of course Sat is the 29th, which day Sale ends.....:eusa_doh:

Oh, well.... I try!

M

Glennbear

Glenn
Pretty cool setup :icon_thum Unfortunately I have a granite topped table saw now and mag switches don't work very well. :gar-La; I do however like the idea of vertically stacked rollers for bandsaw resaw work. I can see me putting on my Dr. Frankenstein persona and digging around in my junk collection in the not too distant future. :wsmile:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Pretty cool setup :icon_thum Unfortunately I have a granite topped table saw now and mag switches don't work very well. :gar-La; I do however like the idea of vertically stacked rollers for bandsaw resaw work. I can see me putting on my Dr. Frankenstein persona and digging around in my junk collection in the not too distant future. :wsmile:

Glenn:

Is this before or after you fix your Welder? IT"S ALIVE.....may need to shock it to get it going!:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors