Made this about a year ago. Wall Display Case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I made this to hold an award our command received last year. I just hung it today. The award will be placed later once it's prepared for display.
It's figured maple (tiger, fiddleback, let's not get into it) for the frame. Sapele for the case. Hinged from the top, magnets for the hold on the bottom, swings open from the bottom to upwards. Back is simple 1/4" ply that has been flocked (BTW, I hate flocking). The frame miters have Sapele keys. Thanks for looking.
20150310_115418.jpg

20150310_115425.jpg

And yes it's dirty and dusty. I will have the cleaning detail hit it up before it is finished.​

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I made this to hold an award our command received last year. I just hung it today. The award will be placed later once it's prepared for display.
It's figured maple (tiger, fiddleback, let's not get into it) for the frame. Sapele for the case. Hinged from the top, magnets for the hold on the bottom, swings open from the bottom to upwards. Back is simple 1/4" ply that has been flocked (BTW, I hate flocking). The frame miters have Sapele keys. Thanks for looking.
20150310_115418.jpg

20150310_115425.jpg

And yes it's dirty and dusty. I will have the cleaning detail hit it up before it is finished.​
Well dust is a sure sign of a productive shop. Those miters are tight - good work Zach but I ain't commenting anymore until you send your NC BBQ sauce recipe.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
nice work Zach....nice simple design also.....what did you finish it with

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice looking display. Where will this award display be hung, in a public area?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
20150310_115418.jpg

20150310_115425.jpg

Nice case Zach - I guess the award was for something top secret since all I see is a field of green! :rotflm:

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
No it's a pennant flag which is being ironed and starched to hold shape when placed vertically. I believe there was talk of liquid stitch too, but it's not in my scope of the project. I promised to make the box. I went above and beyond in hanging it. Now they can figure out how to get it in there.
Nice case Zach - I guess the award was for something top secret since all I see is a field of green! :rotflm:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
No it's a pennant flag which is being ironed and starched to hold shape when placed vertically. I believe there was talk of liquid stitch too, but it's not in my scope of the project. I promised to make the box. I went above and beyond in hanging it. Now they can figure out how to get it in there.
Still want to see it with the flag in place!

Forgot to say - congrats to you an your command on the the award!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work Zack!

Is that green felt for the background? BTW Nice tight miters too.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS