Made Some Cutting Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
After the kitchen, it was nice to make some things that didn't take months to complete. I used the dado blade on the table saw to make the handles. I liked that better than using the router. On the last one, I hogged out more wood to make it lighter - I thought that would be easier for the intended owner to manage.

534442331_JPuNL-XL.jpg

534417635_pwrg9-XL.jpg

534436323_fRXus-XL.jpg

534420602_HiMnh-XL.jpg

534423580_shNFe-XL.jpg

534424525_UrZ2g-XL.jpg

534429875_aa5Ny-XL.jpg

534433618_nvKD7-XL.jpg

534448899_PkAy7-XL.jpg

534449636_aT97g-XL.jpg

534450425_MuYvQ-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Odd Zak

New User
Joe
Definitely some nice work! I'd love to do something similar for the handles, but I don't have a table saw or a router. Also what did you use for the reddish colored wood?

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Thanks for the comments, folks!

Zak, this is bloodwood:
534436323_fRXus-XL.jpg

The redish wood in this next pic is padauk. It is more of an orange color until the mineral oil soaks in.
534429875_aa5Ny-XL.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I like them all, but especially the woven one, being a weaver I like anything that has a weave pattern. If I ever get around to making some boards I may borrow your pattern.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Looking good :icon_thum The 3rd one with the bloodwood is my favorite. It looks like end grain also, am I correct?

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I made two of the woven one. The first one had some beetle tunnels in the cherry. I put them on the bottom and filled them with epoxy. But, I made another one anyway. I am going to try making a woven one using some different woods and I am going to try to match the grain all the way down.

These are all end-grain. I like the bloodwood one too. I couldn't figure out what to do with that little piece. But, it came to me when I noticed the grain pattern in the ends.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
THAT IS A LOT OF CUTTING BOARDS!!! Not to mention a LOT of glue ups! I have made a few recently, and stayed kind of plain jane, I now regret that.

figucp0

New User
Stobal
I saw a couple of these in person and if you think they look good on screen...they are absolutely stunning in person. Great job.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Nice job on the cutting boards. Looks like you have been busy. I have always wanted to make a cutting board like that, and your pictures may just inspire me to do so. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

BillPappas

New User
Bill
They look great but you need to change the title from you made "SOME" cutting boards to you made a "BUNCH" of cutting boards:) :)

Regards,

Bill

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Dick has inbedded my cuttingboard into my counter top but it can be removed (it's plastic in a metal tray) how much would it cost, if Dick gives you the measurements, to get you to make one/ Or at least tell Dick how they are made. If you are going to picnic we can talk about it there.
rita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS