Lumber yards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
Has anyone found good Lumber yards around the Holly Springs area? I have been to Capitol City Lumber Co. and it had a pretty good selection. DIdn;t know if there were any other good ones in the area.

cskipper

Cathy
You might want to check under the Woodworking in NC drop down menu on the second brown bar at the top of the page.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
What types of wood and in what quantities? If looking for local woods in quantitiy there are some sawyers locally who can help you out. If looking for small amounts of specialty stuff, our two area wood working specialty stores have a decent selection. Prices won't make you happy if you need a lot, but the convenience factor is worth the extra cost if it's a small purcahse IMO. Yes, it may shock others on the board who know how cheap I am to find out I have bought wood at both WoodCraft and Klingspor's. :)

BobN

New User
Bob
I get my sheet goods (plywood, mdf, etc) at Wurths on Poole rd. in Raleigh. Their prices are little on the high side but their plywood is the best I have found in the area, plus their stock is all America made, none of the Chinese junk.

For hardwood I go the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville. I have been going there since they opened and have always been treated nice. Their prices are reasonable and they carry a pretty good stock.

A few times I have driven up to Walls when I needed something special and Gibsonville didn't have it.

Bob

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
Thanks for the info. Really interested in Plywood ad hardwood. usually stay away from mdf unless it's for jigs of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS