Lumber run tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
everyone, we are all loaded and will be there tomorrow morning. I am bringing extra as well in case anyone decides they would like to get more. Please feel free to call me with any questions or issues 757-374-9270. we are hitting the road early so will be available by phone

Chris

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
everyone, we are all loaded and will be there tomorrow morning. I am bringing extra as well in case anyone decides they would like to get more. Please feel free to call me with any questions or issues 757-374-9270. we are hitting the road early so will be available by phone

Chris

You guys have a great time - remember no pictures didn't happen... So be sure and snap a bunch... It will be nice to put some face with names and oh don't forget pictures of wood we all like those :)

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
So I see the adress as set to:
4310 Bennett Memorial Rd, Durham, NC 27705

So what time are you planning to arrive for those of use hoping for a drive-bye to see what additional stock may remain unclaimed?

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
pick up is from 10-2, and we need to be out of there at 2 as we have another event to get ready for that evening, so not a lot of wiggle room. I would say come around 1-130 for additional stock

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Great lumber, great folks to deal with!!!!!!

And Kevin's shop is something I can only dream of, wow!!!!

Thanks Chris and Kevin for making this happen.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Post up what you guys are going to do with your lumber. I'm busy designing a blanket chest, 95% the curly Maple from today, with a little bit of Cherry from my old stock.

LB75

George
Thanks again for putting this on today. Had a great time and wow, what a shop you have Kevin!

TBradley190

New User
Tim
Maple keepsake box with walnut and cherry inlay and cherry hope chest with maple accents and possibly inlay.

Thanks again Chris and Kevin. It's some purdy wood!!!!

Tim

LB75

George
I heard all you early birds were crawling all over the trailer like fire ants :p Can't wait to see the pictures of the free for all....

thsb

New User
Tim
was there much left at the end? at noon there was still a lot of wood on the truck.

the table saw at the shop was an impressive piece of machinery...!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
435760d1332433644-how-do-i-clean-wheat-pennies-useless_without_pics_2.gif.jpg

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
First of all thanks too Kevin. For hosting.... More to follow on that since I'm on the iPhone. Second..... What a crazy day. Jeff I think I have pics. Once I'm in front of the computer I will post some.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Here are a few pictures. Not sure if anyone else took any.

The before shot, when everything was nicely stacked on the trailer :)
before.jpg

then the storm came!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
and after shot. Sold just about all of it.
after.jpg

and for Kevin, both credit and blame goes to you for this
saw.jpg

I had a great time meeting everyone and we are looking at doing this one more time in a month or so with the Mahogany, a little more curly maple plus whatever anyone else needs. Hope to see some nice pictures of what people are making with this wood.

Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I really want to compliment Chris for putting the run together, Kevin for hosting and all that attended. While the pics show a kinda free for all that is far from the truth. Everyone worked together and helped each other sort select and load. It was almost like a party. The only thing missing at this party was food and drink.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I really want to compliment Chris for putting the run together, Kevin for hosting and all that attended. While the pics show a kinda free for all that is far from the truth. Everyone worked together and helped each other sort select and load. It was almost like a party. The only thing missing at this party was food and drink.

At least it was weather was cool for the, when it was hot I tried to remember to bring a couple of cases of water. NCWW are a good group of folks :)

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments about my shop; they help me to keep formulating those deeply monetarily-flawed rationalizations about tool expenditure that have gotten me to where I am today.

Of course, I'm not exactly sure where that IS, but you helped me get here, and that's the important part.

Also, to explain Chris' wildly delusional assignment of responsibility to ME for his purchase of a five-figure sliding table saw, to those that might not see the oh-so-opaque connection, which would be, like, EVERYBODY except for Chris...

Those that visited my shop will note that the picture Chris posted of the Felder slider in HIS shop looks remarkably like the Felder slider in MY shop. Well, minus the TigerStop automated rip fence HA! (I'm sorry; that may have come across as a teensy bit of a gloat; oops!).

Until yesterday, Chris did not know this, but I was the person who bought Jay Brewer's Felder slider when Jay shut down his terrific shop in Winston-Salem. The only issue there is that Chris WANTED to be the guy that bought Jay Brewer's Felder slider, but I apparently "saw-blocked" him by being the first hog to the trough. (Anyone who has seen me knows that I don't miss too many trips to troughs of any kind, but I digress...)

So for some inexplicable reason, Chris now seems upset that, based on saw-lust fostered by his unrequited interlude with Jay's-now-Kevin's saw, he was FORCED to call up the fine people at Felder and purchase a brand new saw for slightly more money (he was mumbling something about "double" but I couldn't make it out clearly...) than the price at which I purchased Jay's saw. Some people get ticked off at the littlest things!

I suppose it didn't help when, while touring my shop at the end of the day, I pointed out my newly-acquired-at-online-auction BCTW Jointmaker Pro, and found out that the one guy who was bidding against me was... Yep. you guessed it.

So, although we had never actually met before, Chris and I did "meet again"! But all kidding aside for a second, we couldn't have gotten along better, and we look forward to having another event soon. The wood and the company were both first rate, and I'm happy to host events like that in the future. Now that I know how many people show up, I'll commit to having refreshments available; it's quite the social gathering!

Thanks again everyone!

K

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments about my shop; they help me to keep formulating those deeply monetarily-flawed rationalizations about tool expenditure that have gotten me to where I am today.

Of course, I'm not exactly sure where that IS, but you helped me get here, and that's the important part.
Kevin, you're making progress. You're already on step 3 in the Great Tool Buying Philosophy!

Step 1: Denial
No honey, I swear I didn't buy a new tool.
That one over there? No, I've had that one for ages
I do not have a tool buying problem

Step 2: Anger
Why are tools so expensive?
I don't understand why you are so upset over this tool purchase. I don't bother you about your spending.
Who is that clown bidding against me on this tool?

Step 3: Bargaining
I will be so much more productive when I have this tool.
How about I give you $250 for it, and we'll call it even?
It's overkill, but I can help a lot of my friends trim large panels with this tool.

Step 4: Depression
Why did I spend so much on that tool?
I'm out of shop space.
I should have gotten the Deluxe model to begin with

Step 5: Acceptance
I have more tools than most people
I'm the envy of all the woodworkers I know
Norm feels inadequate after visiting my shop

TBradley190

New User
Tim
Kevin, you're making progress. You're already on step 3 in the Great Tool Buying Philosophy!

Step 1: Denial
No honey, I swear I didn't buy a new tool.
That one over there? No, I've had that one for ages
I do not have a tool buying problem

Step 2: Anger
Why are tools so expensive?
I don't understand why you are so upset over this tool purchase. I don't bother you about your spending.
Who is that clown bidding against me on this tool?

Step 3: Bargaining
I will be so much more productive when I have this tool.
How about I give you $250 for it, and we'll call it even?
It's overkill, but I can help a lot of my friends trim large panels with this tool.

Step 4: Depression
Why did I spend so much on that tool?
I'm out of shop space.
I should have gotten the Deluxe model to begin with

Step 5: Acceptance
I have more tools than most people
I'm the envy of all the woodworkers I know
Norm feels inadequate after visiting my shop

:rotflm::rotflm:Bas, that ws over the top!!! Thanks for getting my blood pumping with a good laugh this morning....Hilarious

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS