Lumber run #4 - Eastern Red Cedar forsale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Jeff, I also would be interested in 100 bf of black walnut if available. I would like it as wide as possible and 5/4, again if available. Let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Tom - there is plenty of BW in the log yard, so this should not be a problem, I'll add it to the first post of this thread.

If there is any further interest, there is still 170 BF available for this run.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Just a reminder, there is still 170 BF available for this run. We also have the following available:

* Flat sawn Black Walnut $1.50 a BF
* Flat sawn Wild Black Cherry $2.50 a BF (200 BF left)
* Quarter Sawn White Oak $1.50 a BF
* Quarter Sawn Red Oak $1.50 a BF
* Flat sawn White Oak $1.00 a BF
* Flat sawn Red Oak $1.00 a BF
* Flat sawn Eastern Red Cedar $1.05 a BF
* Flat sawn Soft Maple $1.30 a BF
* Flat sawn Poplar .90 a BF
* Flat sawn (wide board 12" wide not to exceed 22") Pecan (Hickory) $1.75 a BF

Or if your looking for something not listed please post to this thread and I'll check availability and pricing.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Barry Thanks - I'll add soft maple to the first post of this thread.

In addition I took a quick look in the log yard today with Ted today and we spotted some further species, below are prices to mull over.

* Flat sawn Black Walnut $1.50 a BF
* Flat sawn Wild Black Cherry $2.50 a BF (200 BF left)
* Quarter Sawn White Oak $1.50 a BF
* Quarter Sawn Red Oak $1.50 a BF
* Flat sawn White Oak $1.00 a BF
* Flat sawn Red Oak $1.00 a BF
* Flat sawn Eastern Red Cedar $1.05 a BF
* Flat sawn Soft Maple $1.30 a BF
* Flat sawn Poplar .90 a BF
* Flat sawn (wide board 12" wide not to exceed 22") Pecan (Hickory) $1.75 a BF
* Flat sawn Black Locust $1.10 a BF
* Flat sawn Red Elm $1.00 a BF
* Flat sawn Sweet Gum $.75 a BF
* Flat sawn Beech $1.10 a BF
* Flat sawn Ash $1.00 a BF

As more Species come up I'll post them. Please note pricing shown is for NCWoodworker members only.

If your interested in any lumber listed above please reply to this post.

Thanks

dozer

Mike
Jeff
Let me know when you are going to cut up the black locust I would be interested in that also some curly wild black cherry (small amount) want to make a couple of ring boxes (and a couple of pens of coarse) out of the cherry.

J

jeff...

Just an update - I cut everyone's Black Walnut today, all the boards are 8' long and range in width from 6 to 12".

Ted's Brother Randy will be cutting the the rest of the ERC this week and I'll get to the soft maple next week also.

Ted just got some more Soft Maple in last week, at a quick glance the logs looked real good.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Jeff
Let me know when you are going to cut up the black locust I would be interested in that also some curly wild black cherry (small amount) want to make a couple of ring boxes (and a couple of pens of coarse) out of the cherry.

Dozer for some reason I over looked your post, you can smack me up-side the head when you see me again :slap:. How much Black Locust and WBC are you looking for? There's around 145 BF available for this run.

I've cut a fair amount of BW since I parked out at Ted's log yard and I've been saving up the short pieces that come off the crotch logs. I'm going to toss them in the back of the truck and bring with and let them go for $a buck or two - some of those short pieces are figured and would be great for small sized projects. I'm also going to bring some holly pen blanks to give away so make sure you pick up some of those while your there.

Thanks

dozer

Mike
Jeff I can't swing the Black Locust on this run how about on run #5 if that will work for you. Also if you have any holly burl I would like to buy some just shoot me a pm an let me know the price.

Thanks Mike

J

jeff...

Mike - I come up with 50 BF of red cedar weighs around 133 LBS. I know it's light compared to your typical hardwood.

Wooden Calculator

* White oak 5.2 LBS per BF
* ERC 3.1 LBS per BF

Thanks

J

jeff...

Afternoon - everyones ERC BW and Soft Maple lumber is cut and loaded on the trailer. Except 600 BF for TominZebulon who will pickup at Ted's log yard next week.

There is some extra (approx 50 BF) of 11" wide 4/4 soft maple boards for $1.30 a BF and a bunch of BW shorts and short figured pieces that'll go for .50 ~ 1.50. I also need to remember to throw some holly pen blanks in a bucket. So stop by say hello to some of your fellow NCWoodworkers, grab a few free pen blanks and look through the walnut shorts and the extra maple if you didn't already put in an order for this run.

See everyone tomorrow at 11:00

Thanks

J

jeff...

Are we still doing this in the rain storm?
Yes - there is a chance of rain this morning...then rain with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

So we should ok, I'll see you guys in a few hours

Thanks

tonyps

New User
Tony
Jeff, thanks for the great deal on the wood, again!! Many projects planed for the ERC and the Black Walnut.
Best to all,
Tony ...

M

McRabbet

Hmmm... Rumor has it there was a Lumber Run today, but apparently not... No Pics, it must not have happened..... Tch, Tch...:eusa_thin

Rob

J

jeff...

I'm glad everyone is happy with their lumber, thank you very much - I enjoyed cutting it. Now time to start on the next run.

Oh, do cameras work in the rain? that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-)

Thanks

bman

New User
barry
it was nice meeting everyone ...love the wood Jeff and Ted ......hopefully i can turn it in too something worthy...... instead of saw dust. :lol:

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS