Lumber for dining room table

Mauser44

New User
John
Good afternoon

Any recommendations for lumber near MONROE NC for hardwood for dining room table ?
Thinking of white oak or maple.
Would rather not shop the big box stores if I can, but am open to it.

I found a lot of people on FB that offer live edge, but not what I need for this project
Thank you in advance

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
John,
Ask the guys at the molding source

Not sure they have what you need, but.... worth a try
Also we hav a reference if you go to "Resources, Wood Reference"
It is available in PDF and Excel
Here is a link to the PDF version - I didn't see anything specifically in Charlotte nor Monroe, but you might be closer to a someone than I am thinking of...

Mauser44

New User
John
John,
Ask the guys at the molding source

Not sure they have what you need, but.... worth a try
Also we hav a reference if you go to "Resources, Wood Reference"
It is available in PDF and Excel
Here is a link to the PDF version - I didn't see anything specifically in Charlotte nor Monroe, but you might be closer to a someone than I am thinking of...
Thank you
I will look at it

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The Hardwood store in Gibsonville has mighty fine looking ash, at least they did just before Christmas. I was looking wood to build kids a farm house table. Nice thing about Hardwood Store is their lumber is displayed so you actually see it. Plus they offer milling services, which is helpful if you don't have a jointer and planer.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I too recommend the Moulding Source! The current owners will be only too glad to help you with your needs. It's not very far for you to travel, and I guarantee the quality will be tops!

Mauser44

New User
John
The Hardwood store in Gibsonville has mighty fine looking ash, at least they did just before Christmas. I was looking wood to build kids a farm house table. Nice thing about Hardwood Store is their lumber is displayed so you actually see it. Plus they offer milling services, which is helpful if you don't have a jointer and planer.
Thank you

Mauser44

New User
John
I too recommend the Moulding Source! The current owners will be only too glad to help you with your needs. It's not very far for you to travel, and I guarantee the quality will be tops!
Thank you
Thank you

Gunnage

New User
Greg
If you are looking for S4S, then Moulding Source is 100% your best bet.

Wurth Wood group by the airport is pretty convenient in terms of location, and has lots of different plywoods and rough lumber. However they are only open M-F from like 7-4 during the day, which can make it challenging to get to working a regular 9-5 type job. Also, if you join the Charlotte Woodworkers association you can get a decent discount there.

Only other localish place to CLT I've heard good things about is West Penn Hardwoods out near Hickory. I haven't been there myself.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS