"lrb150" to "Rod"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

New User
Rod
With the assistance of DaveO, I have formally changed my name or sign-in or call sign or whatever it's called to plain ol' "Rod" instead of lrb150.

Thanks Dave for the help!

I have also included what I feel to be a very heartfelt and emotional avatar (is that the picture thing?). No, you can't have her.:eusa_danc

pe@ce
Rod

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Re-welcome plain old Rod :) This is one of the nice things about this site, the whole local atmosphere encourages people to use their name instead of a computer handle.

Oh, nice truck!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Rod. You are still the same nice guy that sells wood aren't you?:rotflm::gar-La;. With all the expense of the name change and all:tongue2: I hope your price did not change.:nah:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Kewl :icon_thum
Rod is much easier to pronounce and spell than ellarbeeonefifty :rotflm:

Ever thought of committing that purdy truck to wood ? :eusa_thin

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Welcome Rod. I like the avatar (truck). Is it parked beside the road..if so maybe I'll see it when I drive through/stop in Valle Crucis in a couple of weeks.

Glennbear

Glenn
Ok Rod, you posted a picture of some cool wheeled iron, how about sharing some details about it ? :wsmile:

bluthart

New User
Brian
Hey Rod - welcome back! Maybe I should consider changing my name too. Mine sounds like what you get when you eat too much salsa and blue corn tortilla chips. I may have a little time the 23rd or 24th to take a ride up there with the family if you aren't busy. I hope all is well!

M

McRabbet

You're very welcome. I like Rob much better, easier to remeber than what seemed to be random letters and numbers.

Dave:)
Dave, sorry to burst your bubble, but hsi new handle is "Rod", not Rob! That is reserved for other well-named souls like YT or rsitezejr or Makinsawdust, amongst others...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Uhh Dave? It's Rod, not Rob. But I'm glad you like Rob better. :rotflm:

Dave, sorry to burst your bubble, but hsi new handle is "Rod", not Rob! That is reserved for other well-named souls like YT or rsitezejr or Makinsawdust, amongst others...

:rolf::rolf: At least I got it right when I made the user name change. Aren't the D and B right next to each other on the key board...that must be it, fat fingers :gar-La;:gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
:rolf::rolf: At least I got it right when I made the user name change. Aren't the D and B right next to each other on the key board...that must be it, fat fingers :gar-La;:gar-La;

What kind of keyboard are you using?:help: There are several keys in between my d and b. guess it depends on several factors:eek:ccasion1 Like seeing only one set of keys:BangHead:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hey Rod!

Are you back from vacation now? Did everybody have a great time?

Where's the pics? :rotflm:

I've been fightin snakes up here! One bit my daughter and I've killed two but not the one that got her.

Still lookin'.

Got any good snake bait? :rotflm:

Rod

New User
Rod
Ok Rod, you posted a picture of some cool wheeled iron, how about sharing some details about it ? :wsmile:
Glenn,
That is a 1949 Chevy with a dump bed. It, actually is the one that got away (from me that is). I was in the middle of buying it a couple years back and lost contact with the seller. Thank goodness I hadn't given any account information or other personal information. All I have is a memory and a pic or two. I did buy a 1964 Ford back in 1986...wish I still had that one. It had the original 3 speed with the wood bed and all.

If you are interested in old trucks, there is a fella in Wilkesboro that has 10-15 lined up on the side of the road. I think he must be selling them. At some point I went by to see if he would sell a 3/4 ton chevy dump (around '49) and a larger Mack (1956 I believe). If I can get down that way this week sometime, I will get some pics and post them.
Rod

Rod

New User
Rod
Hey Rod!

Are you back from vacation now? Did everybody have a great time?

Where's the pics? :rotflm:

I've been fightin snakes up here! One bit my daughter and I've killed two but not the one that got her.

Still lookin'.

Got any good snake bait? :rotflm:

Mike,
What the **** is going on over there? Your daughter got bit?...I hope by a non-poisonous one. Be careful about black snakes. I heard a story about a girl up here who was bitten by a black snake about 3 yrs ago. No worries until the next day when we got deathly ill. Supposedly the blacks have been mating with the copperheads. That is a 2nd hand story and I have no way of confirming it...but I think about it before I pick up anything anymore. I keep black snakes around the barn and ringnecks around the house to help with rodents and other species of snakes.

We should bush-hog down by the creek and up on that hill where the barn is. Then we'll set the tractor right over the snakes and let it run. I can almost guarantee that the vibrations in the ground will bring them out. Then we can have a little shooting match. CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON!!! 22LR? .380? .40? .357? 300WSM?

Are we going to cut some wood in Sept?
r

Rod

New User
Rod
Hey Rod - welcome back! Maybe I should consider changing my name too. Mine sounds like what you get when you eat too much salsa and blue corn tortilla chips. I may have a little time the 23rd or 24th to take a ride up there with the family if you aren't busy. I hope all is well!

Brian,
If you change, change to bluhart or bluheart. I like that.

If you guys feel like coming up this way on the 23rd, let me know. Maybe we can meet at Tweetsie RR. The kids love that stuff.
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS