Lowe's Military Discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
At my local Lowe's I can get a 10% discount by showing my retired Navy ID. The discount is not posted or advertized anywhere....you need to ask for it and be prepared to wait while an "authorized person" puts in a code. I do not know if this is a corporate policy or a local program! My guess is that a member of the Guard or any Reserve unit and all active duty personnel may be able to get this discount. If this works please be sure to say thanks to the cashier and manager!!!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
It started a few years ago for Memorial Day, Vets Day, 4th of July (post 9/11?), but was expanded to year round at some (all?) locations. I don't know if it is chain-wide or just selected participating stores (near bases?), but they do it at mine here in little Washington. I usually forget about it.

I believe the discount is extended to active duty and retired service members, not all vets but on the big days mentioned above extended to all vets (gotta show a DD214 if you don't have an active/retired ID card.) My Lowes usually has a bar code strip taped to the register somewhere so they can just scan it to activate the discount. If you qualify, it is worth asking about. As far far as I know there is no restricted merchandise which doesn't qualify.

If you Google it you get a lot of conflicting info as to qualifications and availability, but it is worth a shot to ask.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
I have never been in the military, but there are many military people, both active and retired in our area because of Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point NAS. On a few occasions, the cashier at Lowes has offered me the military discount, presumably because I keep my hair very, very, short - like shaved! Being an honest sort, I have always respectfully declined, although on one occasion the cashier gave me my receipt, and told me she had already applied the discount. When I told her of her mistake, she just waved it off. It was only about a $10.00 purchase, so I didn't get heartburn about it.

I guess my point is that the folks here at the Lowes in Morehead City are very aware of the discount, and try to apply it if they think they're ringing up an active duty or retired serviceman. Kudos to Lowes.

Matt

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
I keep forgetting...

I keeping forgetting to pull out the retired military ID card. Probably add up to a tidy little sum, if I did. :cry_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS