Lowe's forgot to remove the bark off this 2x6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
And they also misplaced the decimal in the price! :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180826_121804091.jpg
    IMG_20180826_121804091.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 451

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I chuckle also when I'm passing it on my way top the dollies and nik nak section past the Unicorn Universe isle....

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Once had a lumber dealer that said a customer told him, "My dollars have got 4 corners on 'em and my lumber better darned well too!"

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Once had a lumber dealer that said a customer told him, "My dollars have got 4 corners on 'em and my lumber better darned well too!"
I tell them, when searching through piles that when I pay my they want my check to be 100 % good, and that's the way I want my lumber.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Ive never seen that at Lowes. I'm guessing that's about 12/4 stock, maybe FAS grade, poplar - so about 16 bd ft? That would be 4.38/bd ft! Worse if it's only 8/4. Sheesh.

RayH

New User
Ray
WOW! Such a deal. And you don't get a plain old board, you get a, "LIVE EDGE CUSTOM SLAB".:rotflm:

Would not be surprised if they didn't sell some as such.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Price has already dropped in Apex store. Some "bean counter" thought they would make a fortune selling these. Probably the same guy who ordered three Delta contractors saws for each store. The fence wasn't included with the saw. That's where the $70 (on clearance) Biesmeyer, and Uni fences came from a few years back

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
To be honest, they would make a nice coffee table, but not at $70 each. My guess is that some genius though they could sell them at a premium for possible fireplace mantles.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
In their defense, these are FAS boards from probably 12/4 stock originally. So the roughly $4/Bf isnt all that terrible. They have a whole line of different sizes. Some of them quite large (24" wide).

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
It's Eastern White pine and decently clear too (from the pics). The Lowe's website has a S2S white pine slab with both live edges for $125 (2"t x 19"w x 6'). So $6.58/bf. The Hardwood Store has rough cut 8/4 "White pine (knotty)" for $3.05/bf.

Table tops by Lowe's Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqEmwbFe6iY

https://www.liveedgetimber.com/products.html

You cant finish to 2" consistently with 8/4 stock especially wide and long , at least thats been my experience. your mileage may vary.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
You cant finish to 2" consistently with 8/4 stock especially wide and long , at least thats been my experience. your mileage may vary.

That's correct, if you wanted to finish at 2" t then you'd have to start with something +2" and most rough cut lumber is over thicknessed when cut by a sawyer. It may be called 8/4 but it's probably 2 1/8" at the yard. I'd guess that the Lowe's white pine is finished at a true 2" t by their supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS