Lowes and Jorgensen Clamps

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
This is the 2nd time I have tried to get Lowes to make good on their claims. No luck in Durham or Raleigh. If you live in Roxboro or close by, you can pick up the 6 pack of 6" clamps from Jorgensen. They are very nice clamps indeed.

They have lowered the price to 21,98 fro a pack of 6 clamps.

On numerous occasions I have found Lowes making offers and they just say sorry when they are out in your store. On visits to the other big store, they are willing to get the tool to their store if you come in and pay for the tool. No charge for freight.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan why don't you buy them on-line and have them delivered to your store for you? (I checked the five stores in my area and none have them in stock (no pick-up in store)

nn4jw

New User
Jim
They are very good clamps. I was lucky enough to stock up a couple of months ago when they first went on sale and they've become my go to clamps for smaller clamping needs. They're getting hard to find at any price anywhere now.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Dan why don't you buy them on-line and have them delivered to your store for you? (I checked the five stores in my area and none have them in stock (no pick-up in store)

I did and they folks at Lowes said they don't do that.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Dan,
I bought a set of these and I dont really care for them. For me, the springs are too stiff making them hard to slide (single handedly alot of times). Maybe theyll relax over time, but they are stiff.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Better too tight than sponge like the cheap ones that won't hold the tightness. I gave those away to some kids working on bird houses.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have other Jorgenson similar clamps (12" and longer) that are about 20 years old now. The springs are much softer, allowing the release much easier but they ratchet plates definitely lock, no sponginess tthem or slippage. Just a preference.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
This is the 2nd time I have tried to get Lowes to make good on their claims. No luck in Durham or Raleigh. If you live in Roxboro or close by, you can pick up the 6 pack of 6" clamps from Jorgensen. They are very nice clamps indeed.

The recent Lowe's ads for 2 styles of Jorgensen clamps clearly state "CLEARANCE". That suggests to me that any Lowe's store is not obliged (mandatory) to order an item which they don't have in stock and perhaps that particular store never had that item to begin with. Maybe the ad should say "CLEARANCE AT PARTICIPATING STORES"?

There are 5 available at the Lowe's in Roxboro but look at the list of other stores around the Triangle that have none available.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
They offer free shipping on most items if you're a MyLowes customer. Haven't checked the clamps.

Billm0066

Bill
User
I bought a bunch of Jorgensen clamps a couple months ago when the 6 pack was on clearance, and bought 5 of the two pack clamps yesterday. Very happy with them. These are clearance prices and will vary store to store. Lowes will not match other stores prices unless you find a very generous manager on duty.

bbrown

Bill
User
The Lowe's site has a nice feature where you can check for stores in your area. It tells you how many they have left and you can pay at the sale price on-line, then pick up when convenient. I just did that - bought the last two sets at my closest Lowes at the sale price.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
#1, I do not go to Lowe's unless Home Depot does not have what I want. #2, up to 6 inches, I use C clamps: 6 in. Industrial C-Clamp. HF's normal price is $6 each. HF's bar clamp equivalent to the OP's desire is $3.19 each. I have a bunch of them 18-24 inches long. But up to 6 inches I prefer the C clamp because I can adjust it's opening one handed and I think I can apply more pressure with it.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Checked the website, and Garner store inventory shows 4 of them.
Go there and check tool section and 3 different clearance sections ... even the tool guy can't find them. "Sorry, but my inventory must be off".
So I tried but couldn't get in on this deal, either.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Checked the website, and Garner store inventory shows 4 of them.
Go there and check tool section and 3 different clearance sections ... even the tool guy can't find them. "Sorry, but my inventory must be off".
So I tried but couldn't get in on this deal, either.
There are two Garner Lowes stores, on at 70 & 401, and the other at I 40 and 42. Both stores have Garner addresses.

Billm0066

Bill
User
#1, I do not go to Lowe's unless Home Depot does not have what I want. #2, up to 6 inches, I use C clamps: 6 in. Industrial C-Clamp. HF's normal price is $6 each. HF's bar clamp equivalent to the OP's desire is $3.19 each. I have a bunch of them 18-24 inches long. But up to 6 inches I prefer the C clamp because I can adjust it's opening one handed and I think I can apply more pressure with it.

I have harbor freight and the jorgensen ones. Harbor freight are okay, jorgensen are a lot better. Worth the extra money on the clearance price.

JeffH

Jeff
Senior User
So I checked the website, it said "unavailable for store pickup" at all the stores within 50 miles or so. Then I put the item in the online shopping cart where it said "Store pickup unavailable" and "Ship to home unavailable". That left truck delivery for --- wait for it --- $188.00 delivery fee.

Lowes can really be pathetic sometimes. Seems to be increasing in the last couple of years.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS