Looking to incorporate flip-top tool stand into workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
As the title states, I am looking to get started on a "power tool" workbench and would like to tie together 2 or 3 flip top tool carts so that I could have a flat workbench when all three tool tops are in the down position. Or I could flip up one tool at a time to use a tool such as a planer or shop saw and have support space. Building two or three of the shopnotes tool carts and bolting together should not be difficult. However, I am trying to determine the best locking mechanism that will work in this configuration and also leave a flat work surface. The shopnotes plan calls for eyebolts that are kept in place by knobs that pass through the sides. For a single cart, this is an excellent solution, but would not work for multiple carts tied together.
I like the look of ChrisM's recent fliptop stand ( http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49241 ). Maybe there is a way to incorporate something similar. For now, maybe my best solution is a sliding barrel bolt. If someone has done something similar, I would like to see your solution.
BTW, can someone tell me why I am having trouble creating paragraphs?
Thanks, Greg

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I'm thinking of a similar project. Didn't someone say that WOOD mag was doing something like this in their next issue?

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I have seen the wood magazine preview. It appears the whole table rotates. I want to have separate stations that can rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS