Looking some turning stock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey guys, would any of you guys have some turning stock for sale in the arena of approximately 1.25 -1.5" and any lengths are fine. I just need this exterior width, thickness measurements.

Looking for dense native woods, burl woods or especially exotics if you have some you are willing to sale.

Thanks,
you may call me if you like
Chris 252-717-6699

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Chris,

I was going to suggest Penn State Industries, but I'm not sure how much they have in those dimensions. I'm not sure how setup you are, but if you got some 8/4 boards, you could mill them down and cut them up into whatever length you want. I've got about 30 bf of 6/4 walnut and that's what I've been doing. If you're interested in any of that, let me know. I can't let go of much, but I'd be happy to send you a few blanks. :icon_thum

Dragon

New User
David
Are you wanting kiln dried lumber or "still in the bark" sections of trees, etc.? I've got loads of air dried and green stuff.

DavidF

New User
David
Hey guys, would any of you guys have some turning stock for sale in the arena of approximately 1.25 -1.5" and any lengths are fine. I just need this exterior width, thickness measurements.

Looking for dense native woods, burl woods or especially exotics if you have some you are willing to sale.

Thanks,
Chris 252-717-6699

Come and see me, I have more than enough of that size that I can't take back to UK with me. I'll send you a PM with details

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Chris,

I have some 1.5" square pieces of Spalted Maple, Awesome grained Cedar, and Pecan. I can also make some Hickory Blanks. This is all air dried logs, then cut into blanks and sealed end grain. I have waited a few months and tried turning some myself and it works great.

PM me soon as I am getting ready to Move and it will be all packed up.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

Thanks,
Chris 252-717-6699

Hey Chris,

Not sure if you have found what you are looking for, but if you come to the Goldsboro Shop crawl, you can see what I have.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f23/gsc-crawler-6-feb-28647/

Have a good one~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors