Looking for Woodworkers to make small items out of Rustic & Reclaimed wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Could you please provide a little more context?

What manner of items?

What type of wood?

How consistently?

What is the volume?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
CAUTION. Remember., IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....

Never Pay Money To Do A Job!

If He Can’t post it, he could be Phishing!

BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL!

:thumbs_do:elvis::nah:

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I don’t have a personal interest in this, but wonder who you’re supposed to ask for when you call—“me” or “Big Daddy”?

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hello all,

I spoke with Brian. He is looking to contract, on a piece basis, for someone to make smallish items, like a 6-pack holder, a wine box, or coasters. These items will be made out of reclaimed wood that he will provide. He will pay upon delivery and then brand them to use as promotional gifts when they sell a reclaimed wood product such as a table or barn door.

He opened the Raleigh (Apex) location a month ago and are just getting cranked up. His location is a branch of Revient Reclaimed Wood. The website is www.revientreclaimedwood.com.

I am going to try and meet with him on Friday and will report back then.

Regards,

Matt

Jeff

New User
Jeff
He opened the Raleigh (Apex) location a month ago and are just getting cranked up. His location is a branch of Revient Reclaimed Wood. The website is www.revientreclaimedwood.com.

Brian Big Daddy could've just told everyone that, plain and simple, in an up front introduction in his original post instead of being secretive. Nonetheless, there's a bunch of good information and project videos at the "revient reclaimed wood" site.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Beware.

The last 2 times I got involved with making something for a "non-regular" on the site I got burned. The last person was a first time visitor who wanted a shelf set for record albums as soon as possible but not too expensive.

Next day I bought and cut the pine. Same day I call to tell him I'll be done in a day.

His response: Oh I decided on walnut and forgot to tell you so you can keep the stuff you bought and the time invested.

My advise: get a deposit of 30% up front and get him to supply the materials. If its just one or two small things, he gets to come to you if he's serious. When you're out of the shop you ring up NO SALE. Just a thought.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
imho 30% not enuf. Normally folks that come here looking are thinking home depot or less pricing and them making a million in profit. You are actually trying to under price Made in China. Someone was here recently asking for someone to make stuff he sells on Itsy, paddles was one item, he RETAILS the smaller one about 30" long for 16 bucks! You are supplying material and labor! Really? Pine or poplar, you are into 6 dollar ish material, so you can machine it then sell it to him for 8 or 9 bucks. 1$ an hour wahoo

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I spoke with Brian. He is looking to contract, on a piece basis, for someone to make smallish items, like a 6-pack holder, a wine box, or coasters. These items will be made out of reclaimed wood that he will provide. He will pay upon delivery and then brand them to use as promotional gifts when they sell a reclaimed wood product such as a table or barn door.

From Skymaster:
Normally folks that come here looking are thinking home depot or less pricing and them making a million in profit.

Even with free reclaimed wood from Brian "Big Daddy" there isn't much incentive to even give it a thought in my opinion. We'll see what MPHolway reports back on.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
agree plus this just popped into my single cell brain, how much prep is this FREE scavenged wood before you can begin using it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS