Looking for Spray Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwrouse

New User
Sam
Hi Everyone, I am new to the form so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I am a young professional furniture maker, and I just started my business in Greensboro NC. I don't have my own shop up and running yet, so I build out the The Forge in downtown. Which is great but there is not place to finish pieces.

I've been hand finishing my pieces in my small garage, but it's nowhere near ideal. (its a townhouse so I'm pretty sure building a spray booth would be a NO NO. I was wondering if there was anyone near greensboro (15ish minutes) that has a spray booth that I might could borrow from time to time. I have experience spraying, and could come out to meet you just to see if you like me :). My website is www.samrousefurniture.com if you want to see some of my work and see if I'm worthy enough to use your stuff.

Any help you can give my would be greatly appreciated Thanks again!

Sam

StephenK

New User
Stephen
Hey Sam! I'm happy you took my advice to the friendliest forum for wood working questions on the net! You should introduce yourself in the "Who We Are" section to start.

My fault for not explaining that well this afternoon.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Sam thanks for joining the best site on the net. Your work is beautiful. Where are you finishing the stuff on your website? What are you finishing with ?

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Sam,
I used to use one of those Pop-up tents and made sides out of a tarp and a box fan to move air. This was before I built my new shop and added a space for assembly and finish. I must admit, I wish I still had it when doing multiple projects. Jim

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. In case you didn't see it, I sent you a PM with some details about my booth. I forgot you just joined, and the PM thing can be a little 'opaque'...

Your work is stunning BTW!

K

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Welcome, welcome.
Ditto on the work quality, design, and implementation - stunning.
I hope/expect we will see a steady steam of such inspiring projects now that you are here.

Welcome aboard. I hope you can find the access to a spray booth.

Henry

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i'd suggest you talk to some local body shops. they all have spray booths and if you are willing to work around there schedules it could be an easy solution.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I built what could have been a spray booth recently for a home improvement project. After I used a demolition hammer inside the house to take down a woodstove chimney, my wife insisted I improve my dust control before continuing. So I came up with the idea of L shaped pieces of 3/4 plywood to hold plastic sheeting 10 foot wide. The horizontals were 3 inches joined to 2 1/4 inches wide (so 3x3 on the outside) and the verticals are 2 1/4 by 1 1/2. I got 4 horizontals and 6 verticals from one sheet of 3/4. That let me set up a 8 foot L shaped tent inside the house. I put in a zippered opening to go in and out. I used one screw to put up the horizontal on the ceiling with the plastic already stapled to it. Foam gaskets against the ceiling and floor helped the seal. It worked very well. Even my wife was impressed. I tracked stuff out but the tent sealed nicely.

I may do something like this for a spray booth inside my shop when I need to finish. It is much too small for a permanent booth (14x24). I can use 2x2s to join sections together to make something bigger. A filtered box fan in a window will help air quality. I spray only water based finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS