Looking for Sources of Rough Sawn Lumber near Outer Banks...

Camp Perry Skip

New User
Skip
There's a fellow selling slabs on CraigsList in Plymouth. He's listing them under farm and garden. Seems to have a lot of rough sawn slabs of all kinds.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I'm just over 60 miles from Point Harbor, but if you are around this area I keep about 30,000 bf of lumber on hand. Suffolk VA on the NC/VA border

ste6168

New User
Mike
Keep and eye on Craigslist and Facebook. Seems to be the best bet for good prices, around here. I also grew up in PA (western part of state, though) so hardwood was in abundance up there, not the same here... but plenty of other benefits here, the weather makes up for it!

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
we stock a bunch of wood at the North Carolina Furniture School, and we can place custom orders for 200 bf minimum in most species (orders can be mixed species) for pickup on Thursdays. We can also get you sheet goods and cabinet supplies (screws, hinges, slides, etc...) if you need those at any point. If you get a couple of folks together, the minimums aren't hard to make up. We only buy FAS or better and I can get wide stock for you if you specify. Call if you want to discuss

Stuart. 252.916.8226

medic

New User
john
There is a sawmill in moyock and there was a guy in coinjock that had a mill don't know about what he has or inventory. Moyock had some oak and he has cut up some logs for me don't know what you are looking for. Srhardwoods has a good selection of wood

WoodWorksbyTim

New User
Tim
Keep and eye on Craigslist and Facebook. Seems to be the best bet for good prices, around here. I also grew up in PA (western part of state, though) so hardwood was in abundance up there, not the same here... but plenty of other benefits here, the weather makes up for it!

Thanks. I've been keeping an eye out on cl and fb. Even those sources are not as good as PA. Totally agree about the weather, can't tell you how happy I was to sell my snowblower just before we moved.

WoodWorksbyTim

New User
Tim
There is a sawmill in moyock and there was a guy in coinjock that had a mill don't know about what he has or inventory. Moyock had some oak and he has cut up some logs for me don't know what you are looking for. Srhardwoods has a good selection of wood
Thanks. I'll look into that.

ste6168

New User
Mike
Thanks. I've been keeping an eye out on cl and fb. Even those sources are not as good as PA. Totally agree about the weather, can't tell you how happy I was to sell my snowblower just before we moved.

Yeah, that is for sure. The stuff I find there is definitely not the highest quality, but is usually cheap enough that I can make it work. Then again, I am an amateur at best, so the wood isn't my weak point. LOL

WoodWorksbyTim

New User
Tim
we stock a bunch of wood at the North Carolina Furniture School, and we can place custom orders for 200 bf minimum in most species (orders can be mixed species) for pickup on Thursdays. We can also get you sheet goods and cabinet supplies (screws, hinges, slides, etc...) if you need those at any point. If you get a couple of folks together, the minimums aren't hard to make up. We only buy FAS or better and I can get wide stock for you if you specify. Call if you want to discuss

Stuart. 252.916.8226
Thanks Stuart. However, I'm going to need to get a little more desperate in order to consider the 2h 40min drive...lol.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS