Looking for source(s) for cabinet-grade plywood near Raleigh

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Any recommendations for where to buy cabinet-grade plywood in the Raleigh, NC area? In the past I've relied on Wurth Wood Group (formerly Raleigh Hardwoods) off of Poole Rd. I called earlier this week for a price check and was dismayed to learn they had shifted (as of August) to a wholesale model that requires accounts spend $500/mo on average. I might spend that much in a year.

If there is interest perhaps we could create a NCWW account with them, assuming we could average that much spend. Not sure this would fly with them, but I can ask if there is sufficient interest.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
It would be better for NCWW members if it went through Horizon possible. More selection and better pricing

mpeele

michael
User
The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville is a great source and is also a NCWW sponsor. Only take me about 50 min to get there form Cary.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville is a great source and is also a NCWW sponsor. Only take me about 50 min to get there form Cary.
Definitely agree with supporting our sponsors. It's been on my list to visit the Hardwood Store, but hasn't worked out so far. However, Google Maps shows the drive at about 1.5 hours for me. I'd prefer a source that is closer. I'm guessing you're coming from the RTP side of Cary.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
It would be better for NCWW members if it went through Horizon possible. More selection and better pricing
Horizon looks promising and is only a half-hour drive for me. I couldn't tell from their web site whether they sell to individuals. Do you know?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
While Capital City Lumber does sell those be sure to take an AED machine. Their price list put you in shock. It was several years ago but the last time I went to CCL their price was double what the Hardwood Store was.

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
Not sure I agree with that. I bought 6 or 7 sheets a while back and they were running a special. It was cheaper than expected and high quality. The Hardwood place is too far for the gentleman so not an option.

mpeele

michael
User
In the past NC Hardwoods would deliver orders to Woodcraft. Last time I did that was 10 or so years ago. They will deliver an order for $50. In 2018 I bough about 40 or so sheets from them at a considerable saving over Wurth or Horizion. They cary some stuff that Wurth or Horizion does not like 4X8 baltic birch, Combo core sequenced walnut plywood, phenolic plywood, Italian plywood, and 1" mdf.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I purchased what I need for now from Home Depot, but will definitely check these out for future projects.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Ok they always told me account sales only. They do have stipulations on when you can pickup though.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS