looking for source for bulk foam brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
I've tested the Harbor Freight foam brushes but they started to break up on me as I used them to spread some Poly. I am looking for good quality that I can buy in bulk. Where do you buy yours from?

Home depot etc has those bags but they mix in a bunch of sizes I don't want.

thnx Steve

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Steve, I've been using the ones that WoodCraft sells for years and have been pleased with them. They seem to hold up better than the BORG and HF ones in my experience. They have variety and multi packs of the same size. I generally use more of the 2" size, but have also used the 1" and 3" as well.

Just noticed that you wanted these in bulk, DUH. These are made by Jen and it looks like Amazon has them in larger quantities if you search for "poly brush by Jen". Not sure what size you were needing but the 2" ones are here.

HTH,
Brian.

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Steve

Have you tried Big Lots in Cary?

I get all mine from there in bags of about 8-10/bag. They are various widths, but if it is too wide I just cut them down. Couple of bucks a bag, I think. They have held together well for me, except with shellac/alcohol based finishes!:BangHead:

Wayne

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
cool, thnx, didnt realize they were the same brand. Also almost half the price too.

Since these are throw aways and I can potentially go through alot, every bit saved helps.

-----

I'll check out the big lots in cary too. Aren't they on Kildaire near a Taco Bell?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I've had and used the Woodworkers Supply bulk bag-o-foam. Very happy with them.

Had similar bad experiences with other foamey's.

Jim

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I've purchased bulk foam brushes from Woodcraft, Rockler, Hobby Lobby (50pk w/plastic handles), Michael's (20pk w/wood handles), etc., as well as smaller units from Home Depot and Lowes.

Thus far I have not had problems with the foam disintegrating on any of my projects. I seem to prefer the wooden handles the most, but have not had any real disappointments with the plastic handled brushes either (and they are by far the cheapest locally at $4.33 for 1" 50ct from Hobby Lobby).

That said, I have only used them on well sanded projects. I can not vouch for how they might hold up on rough-cut timbers. I use both oil and water based finishes, so they seem to hold up to both just fine.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
If you like to shop online try here. Cheapest I found.

http://www.castlewholesalers.com/paint-brushes-foam.html

attachment.php

Tony

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Those are a little cheaper, but man is their shipping high!!!! :swoon::swoon: :rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

I didn't remember the shipping because I ordered several items at one time. One being 3" foam rollers I couldn't find anywhere else.

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
I go to Ben Franklin (Hobby Lobby type store) with my wife and they usually have bins of different size foam brushes there. I've bought them and have had good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors