Looking for some used steel roofing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
Need a few panels of steel roofing, or something similar.
Nothing fancy, just need to build a Guinea Hen coop sometime in the next couple months and thought I'd start scrounging.

Something like this is the plan:
pen.jpg

pen2.jpg

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I do like the idea of the shed, but it's a bit too ambitious a project, considering I don't own the property where I live......
Would be a GREAT project though!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Tom, do you need any additional guinea's? My wife and I have about 50 and we'd like to adopt out about half of them...

Scott

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
Actually Scott, these will be my first Guineas, or any type poultry, for that matter.
I ordered keets 'cuz I heard it's important to raise them to get them used to staying to home, using the coop at night ect.
I know very little aside from what I've been gleaning from the 'net. Ordered the book "Gardening with Guineas" but it's not arrived yet........

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike, we've got ducks, geese, guinea's, peafowl and chickens. All told, around 140 birds or so.

If you want your fowl to nest inside the house, then by all means raise the young (or release them) in there. About half of our's go into the coop at night, and the other half roost above it in the trees. The coop guinea's were raised by hand and then released into the coop, the others are a bit more wild.

We have not had any issues with the tree guinea's, we just want to thin down a bit.

You might want to consider picking up a few chicken hens to augment your guinea's; there's nothing like having your own fresh eggs!

Scott

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I cannot help you with used - How about new? I have 6 sheets of what is called pan decking. It is used in commercial buildings - either as roof sheathing or floor decking with concrete poured on it. It is much heavier gauge than standard roofing. The sheets I have are 12' long by 27" width after overlap. They were extras at a job and I saved them knowing that someday somebody could use them. If you can use them they are free

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
Phil, they sound a little too nice for what I need, but if you have no takers, I'd be glad to use them!!
Kind of a waste of what sounds like some real nice material, though, but if you can't find a "better use" they'd be the nuts for a coop I would think!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The roofing is yours. You can pick them up whenever, but you will probably need a real pickup as the material is fairly heavy. I will help you load. I live at 3305 Barnsley Lane, Raleigh. Mapquest can find me. Hope this helps.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS