Looking for some different wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I am looking for some purple heart ,yellow heart ,red heart ,bloodwood ,jatoba ,and some small amounts of african blackwood. I need 4 to 6" wide by 8 to 10' long except for the blackwood of which I need small spindle blanks.

Thanx,Greg

ck1999

Chris
User
I would check with anchor hardwoods in Raleigh.

I have purchased Jatoba, purpleheart I think they have yellow heart and bloodwood as well.

Hope this helps

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, The Hardwood Store always has a large supply of exotics at reasonable prices. Especially with our NCWW discount. I know they have a flat fee shipping rate to the Triangle. Not sure if they ship your way.

james condino

New User
james
Cormark International in Weaverville usually stocks a huge selection of African Blackwood. Great fellows and real easy to work with.

j.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Cormark International in Weaverville usually stocks a huge selection of African Blackwood. Great fellows and real easy to work with.

j.

James, I am not trying to hijack this thread but where is this place I been looking but dont know anyone who buys from these guys and its only an hour from Spruce Pine.

Thanks Mark

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Mark,

Cormark's website list an address of 179 Reems Creek Road Weaverville. This would be about 3 miles off of the New Stock Road Exit of I-26 (old 19-23). I cannot vouch for them as a business.

Steve

james condino

New User
james
Steve's directions are good. When you get on Reams Creek, they are about a mile up the road, right after the Baldor plant.

No financial interest here; I've had a lot of interaction with them over the last five years and found them to be first rate the whole way. Good guys with a huge inventory and new warehouse that you can walk through and dig into any piles you want. They are originally from South Africa, so they have a LOT of contacts and get great materials coming in all of the time.

Tell 'em I sentya!

j.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
I am looking for some purple heart ,yellow heart ,red heart ,bloodwood ,jatoba ,and some small amounts of african blackwood. I need 4 to 6" wide by 8 to 10' long except for the blackwood of which I need small spindle blanks.

Thanx,Greg

Steve Wall Lumber has all these, except the blackwood. He has a Mexican ebony that would be a good substitute.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors