looking for smallish slab for table top

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
I am in Lake Wylie SC and am looking for a smallish slab for "rustic" occasional table with a tapered hexagonal pedestal and claw feet that were made from a W. oak tree felled in the yard a couple yrs ago - 26" to 30" long, 18" to 24" Wide and I would like the end result to have lived edge - Crotch and or checks OK as the pedestal has some long checks that will be stabilized with bowties and epoxy filler.

Any suggestions on where to look close by?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mark, I have some burled white oak slabs in stock (they are dry) that may be of interest; they would make an outstanding table top.

You can send me an e-mail via NCWW if you'd like to see some photo's.

Kyle Edwards in Iron Station also has a large collection of slabs.

Regards,

Scott

Dragon

New User
David
Not exactly what I'd call a "smallish" slab there. You may want to try getting hold of either Kyle or Scott here. Both of them have sawmills and slabs for you to choose from. I've got a few myself but nothing of the size you're looking for.

Dragon

New User
David
Mark, I have some burled white oak slabs in stock (they are dry) that may be of interest; they would make an outstanding table top.

You can send me an e-mail via NCWW if you'd like to see some photo's.

Kyle Edwards in Iron Station also has a large collection of slabs.

Regards,

Scott

:gar-Bi Great minds think alike huh? Looks like we both posted that about the same time.:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS