Looking for Small Cordless Dremel

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I have a dremel I use in my shop a lot.I would like to have a small cordless one I could use outside doing small stuff. I havent been able to to find one that looked like a good tool. Most are too big for me. I hope I have overlooked one somewhere. Lol.Let me know what you might have found !!! Thanks!!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had one a decade or so ago. I'll not go back. Hopefully the batteries have been improved for you.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I use a dremel a lot too. A few months ago I bought an Avid rotary tool to replace the dremel that I wasn't happy with. It has performed beautifully. The only negative (for me) is that it has five speeds and defaults back to the middle speed every time you turn it back on. I wrote to the company and suggested that
it would be nice if it retained your prior speed setting after shutting it off and turning it back on. The wrote back saying it was a good idea - who knows if
they'll act on it. Still, this is the only negative I've found in an otherwise great tool.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Have you looked at the Milwaukee 12V? Not as tiny as you may want, but looks pretty good. Dremel has a tiny 4V and there are lots of generic "Chindia" tools of unknown power, runtime and quality. ( but I can guess) Amazon returnable may be your safest bet to fid a workable one.

I have wondered is a cordless rigged with a cable so the battery was on a belt hook would be potable and convenient enough.

Yes Gene, if your old one was Ni-Can, the new ones are far better. Every few years they figure out even better ones. There are some coming that are safer than Li-Ion and higher density that may work in cordless but not scalable to cars.

NYTransplant

Tim
Corporate Member
I received one as a gift a few years back. I assume the batteries have improved since then. I will say I love the convenience if I have a quick cut to make, which is almost always. It's sitting ready to go on my bench. Any time I need to use a Dremel for more than a few minutes, I break out the corded one.

Here are a couple photos in case it helps:

IMG_7336_1.JPG

IMG_7337_1.JPG

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
Have you looked at the Milwaukee 12V? Not as tiny as you may want, but looks pretty good. Dremel has a tiny 4V and there are lots of generic "Chindia" tools of unknown power, runtime and quality. ( but I can guess) Amazon returnable may be your safest bet to fid a workable one.

I have wondered is a cordless rigged with a cable so the battery was on a belt hook would be potable and convenient enough.

Yes Gene, if your old one was Ni-Can, the new ones are far better. Every few years they figure out even better ones. There are some coming that are safer than Li-Ion and higher density that may work in cordless but not scalable to cars.
I second looking into the Milwaukee option especially if you have any other Milwaukee tools. I recently got one and it uses the skinny/round M12 batteries.

I looked at the Dremel branded options but I don't want to have to support another battery platform with only one tool. So far the Milwaukee rotary tool has worked great.

I'm invested in the Ryobi 18v and Milwaukee M12 & M18 line. Ryobi option I ruled out because of the form factor of their rotary tool being super bulky due to how it handled the battery.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I have a small, battery powered one if you want that. Not sure if it would be powerful enough for what your doing but feel free to send me a pm if interested.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS