Looking for quality piano hinge

LesH8210

New User
Les
Hello all,

I need some piano hinge that has a well fitted hinge pin. have built the Shop Notes Compact Router table and the home depot hinge I used is so sloppy the table surface does not line up. The hinge pin is too small allowing a lot of play in the two surfaces.

Any ideas where I can purchase a quality piano hinge with a well fitted hinge pin?

Thanks,
Les H.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
The piano hinge is my go-to favorite hinge. I have used the ones from Lowes for many years no problems. I'll admit that hardware keeps getting cheaper made and higher priced. You could try McFeely's or maybe Rockler. I'm not sure they will be any better than the ones you're getting now. Buy one and see if it meets your needs, That's the only way I know to see what their product is like.

Pop

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
You might check out the piano hinges offered by McMaster-Carr. They have some mil-spec hinges that seem to be very nice although you would need to drill them for screws.

Is there any reason you couldn't use a different hinge? Brusso and Horton Brasses both offer some very nice hinges that could probably be used for your table and provide higher precision.

LesH8210

New User
Les
You might check out the piano hinges offered by McMaster-Carr. They have some mil-spec hinges that seem to be very nice although you would need to drill them for screws.

Is there any reason you couldn't use a different hinge? Brusso and Horton Brasses both offer some very nice hinges that could probably be used for your table and provide higher precision.

found some precision butt hinges on Amazon that should work, thanks for the idea!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS