Looking for QS cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwminnich

New User
Dave
Hey folks, I'm looking for a source of quartersawn cherry to use as the tops for a couple of mountain dulcimers I plan to make. Any thoughts on where I might find any? Scott Smith, do you have any cherry?

Thanks,

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Hey folks, I'm looking for a source of quartersawn cherry to use as the tops for a couple of mountain dulcimers I plan to make. Any thoughts on where I might find any? Scott Smith, do you have any cherry?

Thanks,

What rough dimensions are you looking for? I have some wide tight grained cury QS WBC tone wood in my personal stash - i may be willing to sacrifice a couple of boards.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

Thanks,

Post dimensions to make the search easier

Really what thickness I guess is most important. I have lots of curly maple and curly maple veneer in thick cut and thin. The maple is a good substitute if you don't find the cherry you're looking for on you instrument.

I have some 3/32 walnut crotch pieces recently cut. Maybe?
1_nov_2016_040.JPG

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was just at West Penn Hardwoods in Conover and they had plenty

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Thanks. I've got a call in to them but they had to get the warehouse to check and I haven't heard back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a sneak at my personal stash - can you resaw 10" wide 8/4 x 9' long? It looks like i may be able to get that board out of the stack without having to move 3 stacks of hard maple. But i'll just leave it be if you cant resaw it.

dwminnich

New User
Dave
I got a sneak at my personal stash - can you resaw 10" wide 8/4 x 9' long? It looks like i may be able to get that board out of the stack without having to move 3 stacks of hard maple. But i'll just leave it be if you cant resaw it.

Jeff, yep I could deal with that, although it sounds like there may be some closer by that I could get my hands on before February. If you don't mind, let me take a look at what's available locally before you go to the trouble to pull that out. Sound good? I appreciate your willingness to check and to open up your private stash.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jeff, yep I could deal with that, although it sounds like there may be some closer by that I could get my hands on before February. If you don't mind, let me take a look at what's available locally before you go to the trouble to pull that out. Sound good? I appreciate your willingness to check and to open up your private stash.

Yep just let me know

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

Thanks,

Hi Dave, I'm just seeing your post. Unfortunately no QS Cherry in stock.

Sometime next year when we've expanded our lumber storage area I plan to start milling and stocking QS in more species other than oak and sycamore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS