Looking for Large format print service

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I need to output a B&W 28 x 40 pdf doc. Preferably near Charlotte.
My old vendor has gone price crazy!
The file is the full sized templates for the Titanic Deck Chair from PW.
The file they include is a mess (from an illustrator standpoint, not the templates)
I spent some time in Illustrator cleaning up all the misc. trash so if anyone wants a clean copy let me know and I'll email it.
It was a free file sent to me via email so there are no copyright issues.

pete

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Pete -

I'll take a cleaned up copy. I down loaded the originals and had not even looked at them to see if there were problems. I was planning on taking the full size to Kinkos and having them print it. Have you checked with them? There prices are usually decent and it is convenient.

Thanks,

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Try Kinkos / FedEx Office.
They are affordable and have large format digital capabilities.
B/W or Color.

Or, since you are doing templates you might be able to rearrange the components to make a multi- page file at at a smaller size.

or would that amount to "rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic"

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Rick - send me a PM with you email (can't attach files to PM's) and I'll shoot you a copy.

I've never had much luck with Kinko's but I did find SouthPark Printing.
I got my 2 copies for $3.75. Can't beat that!!!
http://www.southparkprinting.com/

pete

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I've gotten a number of emails requesting the "cleaned up" file.
So I posted it in the downloads section under outdoor furniture.
Please download from there rather then emailing me.
Not that I don't like to hear from you all! ;-))

pete

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Pete,
Do you have any additional information for building the chair? A parts list? More dimensions? There must be more than the one print that you uploaded.

Charley

fergy

New User
Fergy
Pete: send me a PM with your contact info, and I'll take care of it for you. I'm in Charlotte.

FWIW, if you use Kinkos, be careful ordering color prints. I just wound up with $760 worth of them, because I needed color plots and they ran them on a color laser without asking.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Pete didn't you use to work for a local printer?

Yup, 2 of them. Imperial is a mid sized commercial printer and doesn't do any copy work and Alphagraphics is ridiculously over priced (even with the special ex-employee discount) ;-).

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I have large copies made at Staples. Quality is good. Office Depot did a very poor, and costly job for me.....just once.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just be careful with the office BORGS (Staple, Office Max, Office Depot). Heard some war stories on a scroll saw site. Seems like the store refused to photo copy a pattern from the magazine even though the magazine clearly stated: " Note to professional copying services. You may make up to ten copies of these patterns for the personal use of the buyer of this magazine."

Store manager sited the customer had no bought the magazine from them (they did not sell magazines) and the store had no way to know if the customer had made other copies elsewhere.

atripp

New User
Andy
Any UPS store should have that capability as well. I used to have 36x48 cad drawings printed at the one in Mint Hill. They also do large format scanning as well. I think most of the UPS stores should have the same capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS