Looking for ideas

dazart

New User
Steve
My niece is pregnant and I thought it'd be cool to make something, but I'm not sure what to make. I consider myself a novice/intermediate skill level, so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
1589306036575.png

Baby changing table. It can be converted to other uses afterwards.

If you have a scroll saw you could make a mobile for his/her crib.

Other ideas:
Baby/pet gate
Blocks toys
High chair

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Some easy ideas

A few scrollsaw ideas:
Picture frame for sonogram Like this one
Initial Monogram wall hanging, or stylized letters (if the name is known yet) to hang on the wall in the nursery.

Non-scrollsaw idea:
Fancy keepsake box with name, birth date/time, and measurements (height,weight,etc) engraved on top - They could use it to store special things like lock of hair from their first haircut, etc.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
My niece is pregnant and I thought it'd be cool to make something, but I'm not sure what to make. I consider myself a novice/intermediate skill level, so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!
Toys (like this one), toy box, or some simple storage crates to store kid stuff.

Johnson

New User
AD

She won't need it now, but these are awesome for corralling toddlers who want to "help" while you are trying to cook or get something done. I put a screen door latch on mine to keep it closed while its folded down. I purchased mine as the need was immediate and unforeseeable. Would be much cheaper to build it. My four year old still uses it all the time, whether my wife is cooking or I am sharpening and he is spraying my diamond plates with Windex.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
you can (or used to could) purchase the post office doors (I think i got mine on ebay like. 10 years ago).. Then you make the frame around it. I made some for my kids and neice and nephew when they were born. They love em now. (they didn't care when they were first born though)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS