Looking for guitar building insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
For Christmas I received a book on classical guitar making by John Bogdanovich and some of the required tooling.

So now I am gathering up more information so I can give this a go as soon as I clear my to finish pile

The more I read the more I get interested in making an archtop acoustic.

Any thoughts or guidance

kevin waldron

New User
Kevin
Wouldn't think about building and arch-top without having watched Franks video.......... he may have retired (last time we talked he was considering moving and retirining) but videos are still available....... incredible craftsman and the cost of the video's will pay back soon with time saving and expertise. Arch top is probably 4 times harder than normal acoustic from my experience.......... http://www.finocchioguitar.com/contact.html

Blessings,

kw

danw

New User
dan
attachment.php
Bob Benedetto's book is the go to for arch tops. Also has a video series that fills in the gaps of the book. Here is one of mine.

Attachments

• 20140803_162642.jpg
    20140803_162642.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 188

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
attachment.php
Bob Benedetto's book is the go to for arch tops. Also has a video series that fills in the gaps of the book. Here is one of mine.

WOW that inspires me ... my to do list just got reshuffled. Thanks

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
No advice here, but please keep us informed - this is one of my bucket-list projects as well. Grizzly has a lot of info on guitar building as well as special equipment for doing so. I believe that their owner was big into building guitars.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
For Christmas I received a book on classical guitar making by John Bogdanovich and some of the required tooling.

So now I am gathering up more information so I can give this a go as soon as I clear my to finish pile

The more I read the more I get interested in making an archtop acoustic.

Any thoughts or guidance

Phil I know this isnt what you asked for but maybe someone might be interested.There is a guy in Laurinburg NC that offers a free violin making class..You do have to pay for materials. I thought about it but then Id have to learn to play it at least a little.And if I ever started reading about it I would be just like you....more and more interested!!! Good luck on the build!!!
http://jpschmidtviolins.com/violinmakingclass.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS