looking for cedar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

New User
Jay
My sister in law is wanting me to build her an arched trellis and the plans she selected call for cedar. I am in the Goldsboro area and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance on a good place to purchase some cedar. Thanks in advance for your help.

saw4you

New User
Jack
Jay, I have about 550 bd ft at the house. Let me know what you need and if I have it I will bring it to you when I go to the beach next week

Thanks Jack

J

jeff...

Jay, do you have a list of what your looking for - there is a lot of 1x and 2x already cut out at the log yard, you may want to come up and pick through what's there.

Thanks

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Jeff, I am shocked you haven't already laid claim to all that is there! Is that deck finished yet?

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Not a very helpful post for you, but I just got back from 2 weeks in western Canada and saw some absolutely huge cedar trees. My wife and I both commented how nice some of the trees would look on our deck as chairs :lol:

Based on all the cedar we saw, I'll bet cedar prices are better out west than they are here on the east coast.

J

jeff...

Jeff, I am shocked you haven't already laid claim to all that is there! Is that deck finished yet?

I need 5/4 x 6 - must plan to 1" for deck plank... 4/4 will plan to 3/4 which is not thick enough for deck plank, else I would have.

Jay

New User
Jay
Thanks for all your replies. The plans call for the following:
1 1x4x48
4 1x6x96
5 1x8x96
1 1x8x60
4 2x4x96
1 2x6x96

Trying to get her a price on what it will cost her for materials and find out if she wants to go ahead with it. Labor is free of course. Thanks for all your information and help.

J

jeff...

Thanks for all your replies. The plans call for the following:
1 1x4x48
4 1x6x96
5 1x8x96
1 1x8x60
4 2x4x96
1 2x6x96

Trying to get her a price on what it will cost her for materials and find out if she wants to go ahead with it. Labor is free of course. Thanks for all your information and help.

I'm sure you'll find that in the pile that's out at the log yard, though most of the boards are 16' long. Come on out and sift through the ERC pile pick you out some good ones.

Thanks

Jay

New User
Jay
Jeff,

Sorry it took so long to get back, work has been crazy and have a son playing soccer. I appreciate the information and offer but you are about 2 and a half hours away. I would like to find something a little closer. thanks again

MikeH

New User
Mike
web master????????????????

why was i eliminated from this thread! :slap: not allowed to speak mind?:eusa_thin

Dave I don't see any posts in moderation. Did you get a notice that you had a post deleted? If so, there would have been a reason in the PM as to why the post was deleted.

HTH,

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

why was i eliminated from this thread! :slap: not allowed to speak mind?:eusa_thin

Dave I don't see any posts in moderation. Did you get a notice that you had a post deleted? If so, there would have been a reason in the PM as to why the post was deleted.

HTH,

Dave, some funky things have been going on since the upgrade..... I echo Mike's comment, that there is nothing in moderation, and you should have received a PM from the mod or admin that might have removed the post?

Monty

New User
Monty

Dave, this was almost two weeks ago -- that's why some of the moderators don't recall it. The moderators took appropriate action. If you have any questions you can feel free to contact me or Steve Coles via private message.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
was in this post, and no, didnt receive a reasoning! just noticed when a post was emailed to me, then noticed my post was removed! :eusa_thin

just looking for an explanation.:slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS