Looking for Bloodwood, Sapele, Purpleheart etc. in small batches

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I'm going to make some cutting boards for family members as Christmas gifts. Just checking to see if anyone has any 'colorful' cutoff lumber that I can purchase in small batches. Also interested in any Walnut that may be available.

Needs to be at least 17" long and 1.5" height. Width can vary. I can trim up as needed. Let me know what you have. Willing to pay fair prices. Prefer local to Raleigh and/or Johnston county area. Below is a sample of one I cut up tonight. I have lots of white oak and enough walnut for about 2 more. Just need a few pieces to add color to 3-4 more after these.

Thanks

cutting board.jpg

dwminnich

New User
Dave
I'm going to make some cutting boards for family members as Christmas gifts. Just checking to see if anyone has any 'colorful' cutoff lumber that I can purchase in small batches. Also interested in any Walnut that may be available.

Needs to be at least 17" long and 1.5" height. Width can vary. I can trim up as needed. Let me know what you have. Willing to pay fair prices. Prefer local to Raleigh and/or Johnston county area. Below is a sample of one I cut up tonight. I have lots of white oak and enough walnut for about 2 more. Just need a few pieces to add color to 3-4 more after these.

Thanks

View attachment 28995

The shorts bins at the Hardwood Store (https://www.hardwoodstore.com/) are perfect for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
David, I'm not sure what size wood you are looking for. You say at least 17" long and 1.5" high and width can vary. Are you looking for wood that is 1.5" thick? I have some padauk, purpleheart and zebra wood but it is 3/4" or 1/2" thick boards that vary from 3 1/2" to 8" wide. Could you use this in your cutting boards? I'm in Apex (over by Jordan Lake), but come into Cary frequently.

Roy G

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
David, I'm not sure what size wood you are looking for. You say at least 17" long and 1.5" high and width can vary. Are you looking for wood that is 1.5" thick? I have some padauk, purpleheart and zebra wood but it is 3/4" or 1/2" thick boards that vary from 3 1/2" to 8" wide. Could you use this in your cutting boards? I'm in Apex (over by Jordan Lake), but come into Cary frequently.

Roy G
Roy, Yes, that would work, as long as the lengths were in the 17" range. I'd be glad to meet you in Cary or any other place that is convenient for you. I work in downtown Raleigh M-F. I could run over on my lunch hour or possibly on a weekend. Send me a PM [not sure if that is working or not though] or call or text me. 919-625-4310. And Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS