looking for a unisaw rail and mobiel base trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I've got a unisaw with the following type of rail (see pics). It's the long 50+ inch one. I also have a mobile base that the whole thing sits on.

I am planning on shortening it to at least 30 inches. If anyone wants to trade mobile bases and rails let me know. Otherwise I'll be cutting it.

When I first started woodworking I didn't know about track saws so thought I needed a wide table to handle plywood sheets. Things have changed and it takes up way to much space now.

this is not my saw, just pics i found online but thats the rail I have
table-saw-unifence-ext.jpg

table-saw-unifence.jpg

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Don't cut it. I keep seeing posts by those who are looking to change between wide tables and narrow tables. Since the Unifence isn't available anymore it's very hard to buy new replacement rails. You will likely find someone who wants to trade. There are 2 versions of the rail extrusion, so make sure that you trade for the right design. A picture of the end of the rail to compare is all that is necessary. The difference is obvious.

Charley

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might want to check with Monte. He is my son in law and just got my old Uni that has a 36" rail. It had a 50+ rail but I found it took too much room so I cut it back to somewhere around 36 just like you are planning on doing. Monte might like to have a full size rail, I am not sure

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I have the the same one, and I believe that I have the shorter rail.
Let me double check and I'll get back with you.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I just checked and Yes I have a shorter brand new rail. It measures 43". Let me know if this will help you out.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I'm confused now. I measured the rail and its about 83 inches long, I believe the tape on it goes out to 52. When talking about rail length, is it the length of the tape measure or the total length of the rail. I never considered that.

I thought a 36" rail would allow me to set the fence out to 36" or am I wrong?

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
My Grizzly G1023slx 10" cabinet saw has fence rails that are 84" long and the (Shop Fox Classic Biesemeyer clone) fence can be set 52 inches to the right of the blade. Every set of rails requires extra length in the rails to allow t=them to be bolted to the saw. I can move my fence to the left of blade about 15", but I never do (it is a left-tilting saw).

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Steve

The Biesemeyer fence on my CS 22124 rides on a rail that is 68.5 inches long. This gives me about a 31 inch cut to the right of the blade.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS