Not open for further replies.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Looking for sources for the following items:

Miscellaneous wood screws
T-track
Shellac

I am looking for reasonable prices and good quality. I have checked on the sponsors websites. I don't like the prices for the screws at the BORG. What can I say, I am [STRIKE]cheap, thrifty[/STRIKE] value-minded:wwink:. The sources would need to be near Greensboro or mail order.

Thanks
Steve

09woodie22

New User
Gabe
Gotta add a "ditto" to McFeelys... but have to own my bias that they are a Virginia company :eusa_clap. Visited their factory in Lynchburg and was impressed also. Have been using their fasteners for over five years... no regrets. They are an expanding woodworking/ tool company in a rather 'tight' economy... tells you something.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
McFeelys for screws. They often have $1 shipping
T-track: Grizzly is pretty cheap, but shipping is expensive unless you combine it with other items. Rockler and Peachtree often have sales on T-track. Woodworker's Supply is also a decent option. Even cheaper of course is to use a router bit to make your own T-slots
No idea on shellac

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Gotta add a "ditto" to McFeelys... but have to own my bias that they are a Virginia company :eusa_clap.
Not any more.:gar-Cr When Grainger bought them out, they moved opertions to Wisconsin. Now they have a distribution center in up state SC, as does Grainger.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Steve, I bought a quart of shellac at Lowe's in G'boro last week, then went over to Woodcraft for something else. Darn if Woodcraft didn't have it cheaper. Go figure.

As for T-track, there are different types. Woodworker's Supply in Graham has a cheap kind that I use. Instead of buying the special knobs that go in it, I use a carriage bolt and a wing nut. Works great. Grind a flat spot on opposite sides of the head so it will slide in the track and won't rotate. IIRC, it's a 3/8" carriage bolt.

Bill

pviser

New User
paul
I certainly agree on McFeely's for fasteners. As for T-track, Rockler's has the advantage of fitting both 1/4" and 3/8" bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS