Looking for a slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
In need of a slab for an outside bar top. Needs to be 98" long and at least 20" wide at about 2 inches thick! Species not important, but needs to be dry! It's for a customer I built a screen-porch for and added a bar. Thanks. Dave Stone

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I have some 20" wide QSRO slabs that are about 13' long. They are still drying though, and will be for a while. They are around 4" thick.

Since they are QS, you won't experience a lot of movement in them either.

Mike McCoy

New User
Mike
We have some slabs out of oak (red & white).Live edege.We are in western NC.16 miles north of Asheville.We are C&M Sawmill

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
Thanks you 2, but I need it dry(my buddy saw4you has green for me) and asheville to far for me to get a slab for this gentleman. Thanks again.

ck1999

Chris
User
Last time I as at Klingspor in Raleigh that had a few large slabs near the front door against the wall. I am not sure of the size but you may want to stop by there.

Chris

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I think Wood Craft may still have a couple in the Raleighwood store as well. Seems they were maybe exotics though and rather pricey. Wouldn't hurt to call Klingspor or Wood Craft to see what they have on hand. Both would probably have dried slabs.

In fact, now that I think about it did you check with Jack (Saw4you) to see if he had anything dry on hand? He's in Rolesville.

Brian.

Last edited:

Mike McCoy

New User
Mike
In need of a slab for an outside bar top. Needs to be 98" long and at least 20" wide at about 2 inches thick! Species not important, but needs to be dry! It's for a customer I built a screen-porch for and added a bar. Thanks. Dave Stone
Our slabs are kiln dried.But Asheville is a good ways off.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
Yeah Klingspor has one for 500 dollars:rotflm:, and saw4you is a good friend of mine that only has green at this time, but is 425 dollars less!

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Some of my $800 kiln dried Curly crotch Black Walnut slabs are available as are the 48" wide x 9' silver maple and Deodor cedar slabs. Lots of 20" wide but I am almost as far as Asheville.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I forgot about American Woodyards over on Hillsoborough St in Raleighwood. They have kiln dried slabs, but you probably can't get near the place during the fair. :gar-La;:gar-La;

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS