Looking for a log

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgorugbyref

Jonathan
Corporate Member
I'm looking for a source for a 2 to 3 foot length of log, 12"+ in diameter. I'd like it to use as a chopping block for hatchet work. I'm in N Raleigh, don't have a chainsaw (hmmm maybe an opportunity for new tool) but can come and get it and happy to pay for it. Thanks.
jonathan

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I'm looking for a source for a 2 to 3 foot length of log, 12"+ in diameter. I'd like it to use as a chopping block for hatchet work. I'm in N Raleigh, don't have a chainsaw (hmmm maybe an opportunity for new tool) but can come and get it and happy to pay for it. Thanks.
jonathan
I got lots of those - you can come pick one one up anytime. I'm in southern IL about 45 minutes west off I57 first Marion IL exit coming from the south.

From Raleigh you'll want to to I40 to I24 to I57

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Other search avenues to check.

Check to see if your town has a place where the city tree crews drop their debris.

Check Craigslist for people looking to get rid of a dropped tree or

Put a want on CL

Good Luck and keep a tight grip.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Check the side of the road where crews are clearing for power lines, seems to be a lot of that going on around Raleighwood. They leave most of the stuff laying when they cut it and come back to get some of it with the chipper. The bigger stuff they leave hoping folks will pick it up so they don't have to I guess.... I've passed some piles in the last week or so, but don't remember where. If I see them again and there's anything promising I'll let you know.

B.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check with Jack in Rolesville. He runs a sawmill there and might just have a cutoff or waste piece he could save for you. He is saw4you here on the website. He usually has an ad on craigslist under materials.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Not sure what part of Raleighwood you're in, but... I was picking up one of my kids over off of Chapel Hill Rd and passed a guy with a yard full of butt cuts, most fairly large. It looks like he might have a tree service, not sure. It's on the right of Edwards Mill at the intersection of Macon Pond road if you're going towards the PNC center from Duraleigh Rd. South West maybe? If you're in the area it might be worth stopping to inquire about one, but some of them may be wayyyy bigger than you need. Might be some good large turning stock there as well.... :eusa_thin

HTH,
B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS