Looking for a hickory slab

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyinNC

New User
Randy
I'm looking for a piece of 8/4 hickory large enough to get 5 32" 2x2 (rough) legs for a project I'm building. I can find it outside of the Charlotte area but if I can source it close to home without shipping or driving too far that would be a big help. I've contacted the usual retail suspects here in Charlotte without any luck. Thought I'd ask here before going out of town. Any one have or know of an 8/4 piece of hickory as described above?

Thanks for your help,

Randy

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'm not sure what you consider "too far" to drive, but you might check w/ Rick at The Woodworking Source in Mooresville (see ad on right side of this page), or Kyle in Iron Station, Lincoln county.

Bill

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
I'm looking for a piece of 8/4 hickory large enough to get 5 32" 2x2 (rough) legs for a project I'm building. I can find it outside of the Charlotte area but if I can source it close to home without shipping or driving too far that would be a big help. I've contacted the usual retail suspects here in Charlotte without any luck. Thought I'd ask here before going out of town. Any one have or know of an 8/4 piece of hickory as described above?

Thanks for your help,

Randy
I'll check our 8/4 hickory stock in the morning but it shouldn't be a problem. I'll let you know.

Cheryl
The Hardwood Store of NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS