Looking for a floor mount drill press in good condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtdave

New User
Dave
I am lookinf for a full size drill press for my shop. A good used one will sufice.
I don't need it often, but when I need it - I need it!
I have a bench model that is just not suitable or powerful enough for larger forstner bits.
I also need to have the ability to drill the ends of legs and longer spindles.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
There is a large clausing drill press (model 2223) Clausing.jpgfor sale on the board below for $200
Location is in High Point, NC.
This is 2+ hours south of you, but it fits the bill.

It is not mine and I know nothing about it.

http://www.ncgunowners.com

I'm guessing you will have to join if you want to see the ad.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Oh my!!! If the press works it is a steal! Like .33$ per pound :). It is one of the better made drill press. 6" stroke and built like a tank. But looking at the picture at least the spring needs to be replaced. No biggy. Unfortunately it is not the reeves drive version. Still an awesome press. I want it!
Salem

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Dave the best advice I can offer is to keep n eye on Craigslist and keep checking our classifieds. There is one listed by one of our members, but it is in South Carolina.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=378

Of course you never know when a member has what you re looking for when they see your post.

Dave,

I have been down to Jeff's shop in Cheraw, SC and I saw the drill press when I was there. It is in good shape and would likely do what you need. It has the wider table which is really nice for woodworking. Jeff is a really nice guy, I purchased his Performax Drum Sander a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with that decision. Jeff also was able to work with me on the price. We did a little trading on a 2hp motor that he needed which enabled me to buy the sander from him. Just as a side note, he has a really nice 1500 sq. ft. shop:icon_thum

Jerry

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
I have a rigid for sale, $200.00

Attachments

• Rigid drill press.JPG
    Rigid drill press.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 123
  • rigid side 1.JPG
    rigid side 1.JPG
    401.2 KB · Views: 131