Looking for a Dewalt 735 planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Thinking of getting a portable planer. The DeWalt 735 looks pretty good?? Maybe a shelix cutter down the road.

I would like to buy one used if it can be found or a good place to buy new if it is not available used. Any thoughts on this model if you own one or perhaps another planer in the same general size.

I do not want another heavy planer. I plan to surface wood outside this Spring/Summer.

Thanks ahead of time
Dan

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Dan I've got a 735 and it has done everything I've needed it to. I have it on a fold down rolling stand that has worked out very well for me.
For the money and space, it has performed well. With the stand/cart it is on I've not needed the fold down wings that usually cost extra.

ck1999

Chris
User
there was one on the side of the road on hWY 401 south of Garner. I cannot remember how much he wanted it for, but it was lower than I have seen most posted for. He was located at the corner of the road south of Simpkins rd.

Chris

llucas

luke
Senior User
+1 on the 735...had mine 4 years and still working great...gives a great finish with the stock blades. In spite of what some say, the blades do last pretty well and are not all that expensive. I would certainly do it all over again.
Noisy little bugger....get some ear protection, if you don't already have it.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Bought mine used for $300. Would do it again. I bought the tables.
Want one? Go to CPO. They sell new and refurbished tools and have some occassional Great deals! If you want a good tabletop planer, the 735 cannot be beat. Good luck in your purchase.

justholler

New User
Richard
Got mine in November from Home Depot using 10% off Lowes coupon ONLINE. + - $550 shipped. Love it! Although the blades are weak IMO

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Never had one but hear good things about them. +1 for CPO - they have really good deals on refurbished equipment when in supply and good sales occasionally. Sometimes even free shipping. Sign up for their promotional emails to keep up with the bargains. Have used them many times and am quite satisfied with their service.

I know of one serious woodworker that had a 15" Jet Planer and mounted a DeWalt 735 above it for the final pass.

ste6168

New User
Mike
I picked one up used by posting a WTB ad on Craigslist. Only had one hit on the post, guy had one sitting in a barn he said he would part with. Got it half-off.

Might be worth a shot to post up an ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS